Chapter Forty-Two : always

Parker

I laid my head on the headrest and tapped on my steering wheel. My windows were a crack merely because I was burning up. I was definitely sick, being out in the woods with a cold would do that to you. I wanted to see Paige, it's been six days and fuck did I miss the hell out of her. It took every ounce of strength not to go inside right now. Scarlet didn't want me in there right now. This was Paige's day to relax and be herself.

I went on my phone and saw that Paige had posted on her story, it was her and Scarlet taking a mirror picture and damn did Paige look fine as hell.

I took in a deep breath and shut my phone off before looking at the frat house, I knew my girl could handle herself. She was strong as hell.

"Oh my gosh, if Bryan didn't get in the middle of that that poor girl would've been sexually assaulted by those men," I heard one girl say as she passed by my truck.

My initial thought was Paige but she would've texted me, so I sat there instead tapping on my wheel again while some music in my truck played.

I saw her blue dress before anything else and Scarlet was walking out after her with a guy and I heard him yelling.

I got out of my truck because he was getting dangerously close to both of them. I grabbed my truck door to steady myself, fuck I have to be sick I'm dizzy as hell.

"Paige!" I called out to her as she got near my truck and she shook her head.

"Parker in the truck now," she motioned.

"Bitch get the fuck back here!" he yelled, "let me finish what I started you whore!"

"What the hell did you just say?" I stepped towards the guy and Paige grabbed my arm to stop me.

"Bryce inside now," Scarlet tried to get him away.

"Parker he's drunk," Paige tried to reassure me.

"Imma fuck your bitch," Bryce commented and usually that would set me off but I stayed calm but I noticed him rubbing his arm and from the red mark on his cheek told me someone got hit.

"No the fuck you are," I opened the passanger side door for Paige to get in the car.

"Her dress is too damn easy to take off, that zipper in the back," he smiled, "it's like it's meant to be taken off."

Paige grabbed me from getting to him and I looked at him, "what happened?"

"Nothing get in please, Scarlet are you coming?" Paige asked.

Scarlet walked towards my truck but Bryce grabbed her.

"She's not going anywhere," he was aggressive and angry.

I can't take this guy, he's a fucking dick, he acts as if Scarlet or any other female actually wants him.

Scarlet pulled her wrists out of his grip and he tried to grab her again but he didn't get to her.

"Parker," Paige tried to get my attention to get me to leave but I knew what he was saying, especially the last part wasn't a lie.

"For someone who needs control you really don't have any," I commented.

"I had your bitch in my hands, but she's a fucking fighter," he said, "don't worry though I'll get her eventually," he smiled like this wasn't the last time he'll see her but it was because I was going to beat this son of a bitchs ass.

Paige might let him walk off with some bumps and bruises but I was planning on not letting him walk ever again. It wasn't even just Paige he was being a dick to, but he was being a controlling asshole to Scarlet who never asked for it. I was doing everyone else a favor.