Chapter Fifty-Six : how could i let go?

Parker

"Wow look at those colors in the sky," Nora pointed.

"It's beautiful," I nodded agreeing.

"I saw what you did up there," Nora nudged me a little.

"And what did I do?" I asked.

"You smiled at her, and it wasn't those smiles you've been giving her. That one was real," she had the same hope that I found myself having.

"I don't know what you are talking about," I shook my head.

"What did you guys do today?" Nora asked.

"Well Paige and I went window shopping, and went to the beach before we found Malcolm and then we hung out with him. Why?" I asked.

"That sounds like a date to me," she had a smile on her lips.

"Paige told me what you told her. I don't want you thinking somethings going to happen. We might go back home and still not be together. Mateo is still there you know?"

"You'd always win, have you seen Mateo hang out with me?" she asked.

"No but if Paige brings it up with him you'd have to hang out with him."

"I know Paige would never put me through that," she shook her head.

"Paige loves her family and wants her person to love them too. She got lucky with me because I loved you guys before I ever truly loved her and wanted to date her. Mateo will try to win her by winning the hearts of you guys and then he'd go back to just focusing on her leaving you guys in the dust. He's doing everything wrong," I looked at Nora.

"Did you tell her that he's a bad guy?" Nora looked at me.

"Paige is smart Nora, I don't want her to think that I'm trying to control her life. She'll figure it out for herself," I responded.

"But what if it's too late?" she looked at me and she was sad.

"What do you mean?"

"I heard what Malcolms trying to do, get you back out there and since Madi broke his heart he'll want you by his side. If Paige didn't come today would you have gone and met someone else?" she looked at me and I couldn't answer it because I would've, "You still love her right? Like my mommy and daddy?"

"I do," I nodded.

"Then fight for it," she had hope in her eyes.

"Nora, this isn't like the movies. She also has to want to fight too, Malcolm's trying to help me. If I never move on from her, or at least try to, how does that make me look?"

"If you don't then who will be better for her? I'll watch a zillion boys come and break her heart because she was stupid enough to let go of the best one. How do you expect me to watch her, my sister, my best friend lose the best thing that walked into her life? The person she hated to become the thing she loved so much," Nora looked at me and my mind wondered.

How did she turn from loathe to love?

"She's got a lot going in her head, if she doesn't come back because she wants to then you just have to trust it. Paige is the only one who really knows what she wants."

"You're wrong," Nora shook her head, "she doesn't know what she wants. Not anymore."

Nora had always been the one looking out for Paige when Paige always thought she was doing it for her. Nora was smart, smarter than any six year old I've known. She's grown up faster than any of us ever realized and it wasn't because she was forced to, it's because she wanted to. She's grown up with teenagers all around her and yet she knew what they had to do to be happy. She saw a perfect solution for Paige's misery but she didn't see what Paige saw. What was stopping Paige from doing it and I didn't either but Paige did. She always did.