Chapter Forty-Seven : his pretty little lies

Paige

We just got home before there was a knock at the door. Malcolm was against answering any doors, but my hopes were that it was Parker. I heard some crazy stories at school today, mostly from Ella but they can't be true. He'd let me know, wouldn't he?

I opened the door and my smile faded when I saw Haylee, "Hey, sorry to interrupt umm, Parker left his phone at Noah's this morning. I ran by his house and his car wasn't there, I was hoping when you saw him next you could give it to him," she smiled at me.

She was wearing a dress, a dress you'd only wear at a party, her makeup was still done and her hair was a little ratty. No, this has to be a trick. But why would she have his phone? No this is what she wants, making me assume things.

"You went to the party?" I asked and she nodded.

"If you look at Parkers saved photos you'd see I was there," she smiled and I unlocked his phone to find them together on his snapchat memories, in a bed. She must have heard the harsh shaky breath because she turned off his phone, "Oh sorry I forgot those were there," she said sheepishly.

My heart was racing, my hands were shaking, I couldn't breathe, I was angry, furious, "What happened last night?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" she asked and shook her head, "You set high expectations for him Paige, he's not perfect as you tried to set him out to be. I can love him with his flaws, we just mend well together. You understand right?" she looked at me and half smiled, "some people aren't supposed to be together, ya know?"

"So what, he just climbed into bed with you without hesitation?" I then asked.

I knew I didn't want that answer, "Like I said Paige, some people mend well together," before she stepped off the porch, "I'll let him tell you though," she walked to her car and drove off as Parker's truck came in sight.

I stepped outside the house and closed the door as Parker ran towards me.

"I saw Haylee leave," Parker said then looking at my hands, "you have my phone."

He must have seen the shaking in my hands because he looked up at me with guilt written in his eyes, "I thought we agreed that you wouldn't go back."

"Paige we did," he nodded, "I fucked up."

I unlocked his phone and showed him the pictures, "how," I felt the tears, "what the hell did I do to deserve to find out with her showing up at my door and telling me everything I knew from the start?" my voice was shaking and it made Parker jump like hearing me like this scared him.

"Paige, I don't remember sleeping with her, I was thinking about it on the way here and I don't remember because I didn't," he began.

I wiped under my eyes and sighed frustrated ignoring his comment, "maybe this was a blessing in disguise," I cleared my throat knowing that breaking down in front of the one person I promised myself I would never would, would only make things harder.  I had to be strong, for myself. The one person I can truly count on.

"What does that mean?" he asked.

"Parker, if I can't fix your urges to go back to her then I can't help you. All I know it's I'm exhausted so I can't continue like this anymore. You helped me with Connor and I'll repay you any other way but this," I sighed and my voice shook, "I just can't."

"Listen to me," Parker grabbed my hand and I wanted to so badly keep them there, "I never slept with her, I remember her crying and asking me to give her and I another shot but I said no because," he paused.