Chapter Twenty-Nine : did you glitch?

Paige

Parker had been staring at me for a minute and I suddenly felt self conscious, did I have something on my face? Was he lying when he said that? Maybe I should just change. I usually don't mind what I was wearing but this was far out of my comfort zone but it matched Masons green one and I didn't want to disappoint him. I went back to my mirror and looked at my body picking at every imperfection I saw, maybe I should change. This wasn't what people saw me as and I don't want people getting the wrong impression tonight, especially Noah.

"Ummm Parker," he was handing me one of my cardigans from my closest and I wondered if he knew or if he was becoming jealous of what everyone else might see. I shook my head to erase the last thought and took it without saying much.

"I saw the judgement in your eyes Paige, and if you weren't comfortable with the dress why didn't you fight Mason on it?"

"He was really excited about matching tonight that I couldn't let him down and usually I don't care what everyone thinks but suddenly I do," I looked back in the mirror and there was that hate I had in my eyes when I saw everything about my body I'd want to change in an instant.

Parker came behind me and placed my cardigan on my shoulders, "for what it's worth I think you are going to blow everyone away, you already did me."

"I need to go to a gym," I commented and then turned to look at him, "I mean look at Haylee an hourglass body and me," I gestured to the lower half of my body.

"You have one too Paige," he commented and I shook my head.

"No not like Haylee's and Kaylas," I crossed my arms in front of me before sitting on my bed, "tomorrow gym your training me."

"Alright, alright deal," he held his hand out for me, "ready?"

"I guess," I sighed, taking his hand.

Parker

I felt it in her hands when she took it, she was shaking slightly and her hands were sweating, any picture frame she saw herself in she wrapped her cardigan tighter, I never saw Paige so insecure. One thing Haylee never was insecure, she was confident with her body and that was because I trained her when I went to work out, her body now isn't like it was when we were dating but knowing Paige wants to go workout makes me worried what if she never will love it. I never dated an insecure girl who didn't love her body and I already hated how often Paige looked at herself with disgust. Why couldn't she see herself the way I do?

Noah was talking to Haylee and once he saw Paige he dipped and came towards his true target.

Paige shrugged off her cardigan and looked at me with worry in her eyes.

I took it from her and gave her a kiss on the cheek, "I got your back."

"Damn girl!" Noah looked up and down her and I wanted to beat his ass.

I didn't care what my girl wore, only time I cared was when guys thought because they're showing a little more that they're asking for it and Noah was prone to thinking that.

"Ready to get some drinks?" he asked.

Paige looked at me before nodding, "Yeah," she let go of my hand and started towards the kitchen. I was going to talk to some people before I went to babysit Paige because it takes some time for the drinks to kick into her system.

I ran into Mateo who looked surprised to see me, I had ignored him a little today mostly because I knew how he felt about Paige and I knew how I felt about her too.