Chapter Thirty-Seven : did they notice you?

Paige

My heart was racing and gravity was pulling my body forward because the front of Parker's truck was down a ditch while the back was still on the road. I checked my body to see if I was okay before looking at Parker, who was unresponsive.

"Parker," I shook him a little and he woke up luckily, "Parker are you okay?" I proceeded to ask him worried.

He looked up at me and rubbed his eyes like he had just woken up from a nap and once his eyes made eye contact with me he grabbed my face and moved it to the side, "You're bleeding," he commented.

"What?" I touched the side of my head and removed my hand from my head to see that I had blood on my hands, but it wasn't like I'd bleed out.

"Shit, we need to get you to the hospital right now," Parker went searching for his phone.

"No, Parker I must have hit my head on the window or something but I feel fine. I'm okay," I pulled the sun visor to see that I just hit the window a little too hard. But the window wasn't broken.

"Paige," he started but I got out of his car to check and see how the car was, if it was damaged, if we could drive it back home.

I saw where the semi hit us from the back, it was dented in but it luckily didn't damage the tires, I looked around his truck to the drivers side as Parker was getting out and grabbing me from doing anything else.

I looked into his eyes and the worry and guilt in his eyes made me wonder if he blamed himself.

"We need to get the driver's information, Parker call the police," I turned around to go to the semi but it was gone.

"Are you guys okay!" two girls came up to us, they were around our age and they were eyeing Parker. They probably pulled over because of Parker.

"You go talk to them, see if they can pull your truck out and I'll call the police," I muttered walking further away and Parker didn't question me.

I informed the police what had happened and because of the storm it might take awhile for them to get over there and if there was any way that we could get over to the police station. I wasn't sure because his car hadn't even been hitched on yet. I can't even remember the semi's front color, whether it was black or blue, his license plate, or even if it was a woman or a male driving. I was helpless.

Parker took the phone from me, he must have seen the panic and confusion on my face.

I stepped towards the car and watched the girls look at me like they were trying to figure out where I fit in his life.

I went back in the truck and found Parker's phone still plugged into the aux cord, at least that didn't fly anywhere before calling Malcolm.

"Hey, you guys okay?"

"Hey is mom around?"

"Yeah, she's cooking why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing can you just ask her to," I closed my eyes for a second to make my head stop pounding, I didn't realize the pain until now, "tell her I'm going to send her a hotel close to us and if she can make a reservation. The roads are really bad that we can't make it home tonight."

"Separate rooms sound great," Malcolm commented.

"One room is fine, she can have two queen beds or something. Just tell her please," I went for my bag looking for the ibuprofen I usually carried.

"I will, anything else?"

"No that's it," I pulled the phone away from my ear and hung up before he could start questioning anything and once I did I got a phone call again from him.