Chapter Twenty-Two : when did you play dirty?

Paige

~ One Month Later ~

I went to therapy twice a week, and it went deeper than just what happened that night, it was things I built up in the years, the little things stacked to make a mess that I myself couldn't handle anymore. Parker and my parents had taken me to the hour long sessions and it made me happy that they had supported me along the way. My therapist told me that because I've been so open and wanting to better myself that she thought I'm capable of doing it on my own but that if I ever had questions or felt like I was falling backwards she'd be more than happy to see me again. I felt good, I felt like I could do anything. One of her big things was to be able to communicate with Malcolm but even then that was wishful thinking because he hadn't exactly been in the talking mood to anyone, except Madi who still seemed to exist. I hadn't had the drive to get into why they kept it a secret and I was still holding that because they lied to me at the end of the day and they didn't care and still don't.

I was sitting at the dinner table with my parents, Nora, Malcolm and Madi and my parents were trying to keep the table at peace but Nora was still unhappy about the fact that Parker still hadn't stepped foot into this house since a month ago.

"Nora please pass the greens," my mom asked and she did as she was told but complained.

"Why can't Parker come over," she asked, handing mom the bowl of green beans.

"Because sweetie, he's really busy as we told you before," my dad said, not telling the truth.

Nora then looked at me like she wasn't stupid, "what the real reason. I know you and him are dating because he still takes you home every day but you," she stared at Malcolm who was on something but my parents chose to ignore it today since Madi was here. If there weren't any guests they would be yelling at screaming at him but they choose to be collected today.

"What about me," Malcolm glared right back at her.

"He hasn't been here because of you huh?" She stood up ready to hit and scream. Nora, since Parker's absence she had been a tad violent recently.

"Don't go blaming me," he shot back.

"What did you do!" she screamed and my dad stood up trying to settle in a calm manner as my mom looked between Nora and Malcolm.

"Doesn't fucking matter brat," he crossed his arms and Nora, unlike most kids being called names did not react like mosts, instead she grabbed a hand full of green beans and threw it at Malcolm and Madi.

"I hate you two! I wish mom gave you up after realizing she only wanted Paige! All you do is sit around making animal noises everywhere! It's annoying and so are you! Move out piece of," I covered her mouth to stop the next words about to crawl out of her mouth and she looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

"Um, okay Madi I think it's best if you go," my mom said and Madi was already making it out the door and suddenly Malcolm thought it was his chance to go but my dad stopped that.

"Not you, you sit down right now," he pointed to the chair and Malcolm sat.

"Paige can you take Nora on a ride somewhere please," my mom looked at me and I saw how exhausted she was.

I grabbed Nora and went out in a hurry and once we made it outside Nora started to cry, "I want to see Parker," she wailed and I zipped up her coat.

"We can do that, let's go see him okay," I was so worried about her, this was not my happy go lucky Nora.

She started to walk to the car as snow began to fall, it was the middle of December by now and it just now decided that snow was a thing.