Chapter Eighteen : it's our little secret

Parker

I smiled all the way into the house, to see the look on her face when I kissed her. Damn, best thing yet. She was furious with me and I knew it wasn't just because of the current events but things that have built up over the years and they were affecting her and just the current events that have happened were simply the toppings of it.

I knew Connor wasn't going to try anything, he saw me come when I did last time and he's worried I'll beat the shit out of him, which I will. Last time she pushed him off and I won't let him even think for a second she'd want it again.

Haylee came into my room and apologized quickly, as I sat up from my bed, "sorry I thought this was the bathroom," she smiled slowly leaving and I sighed knowing damn well she meant to come into my room.

"Come in anyways then, because I'm just guessing but you were looking for me I'm assuming."

"Where's Paige?" she looked around my room like Paige would just come out of nowhere.

"Went home," I cleared my throat.

"Who took her home?" she pushed knowing damn well I didn't.

"A friend," I shouldn't have even called him that but I didn't want Paige to be right about me telling Haylee everything.

"Your mom and I talked, I didn't know she cheated on your dad. Her and I have a lot in common," she smiled.

"Right," I sat on the edge of my bed as she sat down next to me.

"But you aren't like your dad Parker, instead of running away from the pain you stayed with me," she smiled at me like I was smart but I knew I was an idiot for staying as long as I did.

"Is that what I am? Staying with a girl who slept with one of my best friends and knowing about it, doing nothing but just sitting here waiting for you to focus on us again? That was smart because from what Paige told me I was a dumbass," I looked at her and she frowned.

"You're always bringing her up," she sighed laying down on my bed then and I smiled.

"Haylee she's my girlfriend," I looked at her then and she rolled her eyes.

"I know but like I didn't actually think you liked her," she sighed.

"Why do you hate Paige so much, why do you always bring her looks into it. She's not ugly and you know it," I waited and she laughed.

"Because every time a Porter girl is brought up, it's always commented that Kayla was the prettier of the two."

"It's because Paige wears baggy clothes and doesn't flaunt her body like Kayla does."

"But even then Parker you know Kayla has more curves to her than Paige does," Haylee looked at me like I should know that but I never looked at Paige that way, I never saw her that way because she never dressed the way that Kayla did. Kayla's beauty was in her curves and how well her makeup was done, she hardly came to school without makeup but Paige, Paige was natural nine times out of ten and the days she did wear makeup she was beautiful, but I never saw what Kayla loved to show off. It didn't bother me that she didn't because Paige was who she was. She didn't want the attention that her sister craved, she liked her space from the world and since dating me people wonder why the hell I'd pick her because she isn't like Haylee, she doesn't dress like Haylee does, she doesn't talk or act like Haylee. She's her of all things she could be and that's what I find so beautiful about her, she doesn't try to be anyone else.

"Oh no are you thinking about her, you get this look in your eyes when you talk about her and even when you're silent I still see it," Haylee sighed, "and I tried so hard to get you to want to leave her. I know you won't because some part of you finds something hot that she does. But she's not me Parker you do know that right? You have needs and she won't fulfill those," Haylee looked at me and I smiled.