Chapter Seventeen : just reminding him what's mine

Paige

Seeing him with her like that didn't sit right with me, Haylee knew exactly what she was doing while Parker was so much in his head, so much in love with her that he forgot who he was with and I knew this would be a hard transition without her but at this point I don't even feel like we hit ground in their relationship. He looked so apologetic and looked so worried that I'd drop this whole thing and believe me I wanted too. But I made a promise to him and I didn't want to break it.

Jamie was talking a lot about Haylee and Parker on the way to their house. I wonder if Haylee got in her head too, to make her believe that her son and Haylee were better together than him and I are.

Parker put down the bags on the island and tried to get me to look at him, "I fucked up," he began and I shook his head.

"Parker stop, we'll talk about this later when there aren't any ears around," I put the rest of the bags on the table and I knew Parker didn't like that idea. He was the type that wanted to fix everything right after it happened and I wanted space from him but seeing that this was indeed his house there was no chance of that happening. Nora came along too but her and Jamie are talking outside.

Haylee came back in with a smile on her face like she had won him back but in my eyes Parker was trying to make amends with me and not running back to her.

"Please," Parker whispered, trying to get me to at least go somewhere to talk without anyone else listening in.

"I know you lied to me," Haylee then went on to say.

I turned around to face her, "About what?"

"Parker never told you he loved you, please would anyone ever?" Haylee smirked.

"What are you talking about?" I looked at her confused.

"Please you know exactly what I'm talking about, at the football field, he never said that. So listen closely sweetie," Haylee stepped towards me like I should be shaking but I could care less. At the end of the day I had Parker and she didn't . So who was the real loser? "I know you're worried about losing him but trying to lie to me about him won't go so well. He tells me everything you see, and I'm sorry you are still running around with your virginity," she smiled going to the table.

"You wanna talk now?" Parker asked me now about to just carry me upstairs to talk because I saw the worry in his eyes. He needed to know what I was thinking and how I was feeling.

"Parker, I'm fine really," I looked at him and I knew he didn't believe it for a second.

"I'll take you home right now so we can talk," he started to say.

"No, I came here to have lunch and I'm not going to have her ruin it. She can brainwash you and your mom but she can't brainwash me or Nora," I walked over to the table where Nora was seated and sat next to her and Parker tried to sit by me but his mom took the head of the table so he was forced to sit next to Haylee who didn't mind one bit.

"So," Jamie started, "were you two okay when we were gone?" she looked at her son and Haylee and Parker was quiet and uncomfortable but Haylee gladly answered.

"Everything went very well Mrs. Greyson."

"That's good to hear," Jamie looked at me and smiled, "Paige what made you want to date Parker? I mean I remember as kids you guys were close but through the years you two just faded. Did feelings come back?" she asked.

"Well after Haylee cheated on Parker for the, what was it Haylee, tenth time?" I looked at her and waited even though I knew the answer, "anyways whos counting, Parker was over at my house and we talked for a good chunk of time and well decided that it might be best to let him have time to really process the break up and when he decided he was ready to move on he asked me out three weeks ago and well, here we are. Happy as can be," I smiled and Jamie looked at Haylee confused.