Chapter Twelve : what if i did

Parker

I kissed her, I kissed her without telling her and I knew it shocked her but Connor thinks he can get in her head, he thinks he can swerve past me and get what he thinks he needs out of Paige while he's heartbroken. I wasn't going to allow this asshole to take advantage of Paige when he was at her house. I was letting him know what was mine and what was his.

I pulled away from her lips and she looked up at me shocked but curious, "Parker," she was out of breath but Malcolm got both of our attention.

"So, what was that on the field yesterday? With Haylee?" Malcolm walked straight up to me ready to beat my ass.

"Malcolm don't," Paige stepped in front of him but he kept his eyes on me.

"She's not some bitch you can one and done," Connor was listening in the back and I knew damn well that Malcolm fucked everything I just worked for.

"Then what the hell did you do? Keeping that damn secret from her for two years? She's not some bitch you can lie to," I stared at her brother done with his constant lash outs because he wasn't happy with the situation.

"Did you fuck my sister last night? She came home later than she usually does," he grabbed my shirt and I wanted him boiling.

"What if I did," I smirked and Malcolms fists came rolling at my face and I didn't care. At this point I got the rise out of him that I wanted. I wasn't going to fight back mostly because I deserve to get punched in the face for making that comment, maybe but seeing Malcolm lose his shit made some parts of me, that was done with his bullshit, happy.

"Malcolm!" Paige grabbed her brother before he could throw another punch but he was waiting for me to fight back.

"Get off Paige," he shrugged her off but Paige was stronger than she looked because she hit the back of his knees which made him fall.

"Back off Parker, you have no right. I'm not all up in your and Madi's business so get out of mine and Parker," she then turned to see my face, "are you okay?" she then asked.

Seeing her act different with me made me feel some type of way and once I nodded letting her know I was she was back to being herself which I should've seen coming, "then what the hell were you thinking letting my brother hit you in the face! I know you saw it coming and you could've easily stopped it," she said as we walked away, "does it hurt?" she then went back to sweet and gentle.

"Malcolm punched pretty damn well, so I'm sure it'll bruise but it was worth seeing his face," I smirked.

"You will tell him the truth though right?" she looked at me slightly hopeful and I nodded.

"Yeah, that was a dick move to do so I'll fix it when he calms down," I nodded stopping in front of her class room.

"I'm still seeing Connor after school, I'll call you right after if you want."

"Only call if he pulled something, and then if nothing happened then I don't need to know," part of me knew I'd get jealous and I didn't know why. It's like last night with her asleep on me changed my whole perspective of her and listening and getting closer to her wasn't going to end well for me. I needed to see her the way I saw her before.

"Oh," she sounded like I had hurt her feelings and I wanted to fix it but I restrained myself from doing so, "okay, I should get into the classroom and study for the test," she's the one who stepped in to give me a kiss on the cheek which shocked me a little considering that was usually not Paige's thing.