Chapter Fifty-Five : what did we end up becoming?

Paige

My parents, Nora and Kayla went off to the store to get some food leaving Parker, Malcolm and I to go off exploring the town.

"Looks kinda touristy to me," I commented when Malcolm drove our dads car down the road to the tourist destination, small shops next to each other and parking was scarce.

"There's a spot," Parker pointed and Malcolm pulled in, parallel parking not Malcolms strong suit but he did a better job than he had in the past.

"Now time to babe shop," Malcolm smiled, hanging me the keys then.

"I thought we were exploring," I said out loud.

"I am, I'm exploring my options. As was Parker but you weren't exactly supposed to come. He just doesn't know how to say no to you which I find ridiculous anyways. See ya, Parker if you're coming follow if not, well you know," Malcolm got out of the car and headed in the direction of the beach.

Parker got out of the car and then opened the back door for me, "where too?" he asked looking around at the shops.

He was staying? "You don't have to, you could've told me no," I said and he ignored me.

"I looked up the shops around here last night and I read that the ice cream around here is really good. I think it's down a ways but we'll find it," he smiled at me.

"Parker," I looked at him and he looked at me, "is this what you want to do?"

"Paige, if I really wanted to go I would've followed," he looked at me.

"Wait, but Madi," I looked at him confused, "what about her?"

"They broke up two weeks ago, she cheated again. And don't smile," but it was too late.

"I told him," I smiled wide, "a hoe will always be hoeing around."

"I wasn't supposed to tell you though, so don't make a big deal," Parker said.

"Got it," I grabbed his hand and pulled him to the first shop I wanted to go in. I forgot for a second that things happened and we weren't together and I quickly let go before looking at him, "Sorry, I."

"It's fine, Paige everythings good," he touched my back before grabbing the door for me.

I looked at him for a second before walking in the store looking around, this was definitely a souvenir store, but it was more like an antique souvenir store.

I picked up a lighthouse statue before setting it down.

Parker whispered in my ear, "this is kinda old stuff don't you think?" his close proximity to me surprised me.

I looked at him and shook my head, "but it's cute old stuff," Parker hadn't seen this side of me. I loved old, used things. It built character to them, they had a story before I ever had them.

"You amaze me," he said and I felt my cheeks turn flushed in a matter of seconds.

"What about this?" I held out a vintage postcard and Parker gave me a funny look.

"Who uses postcards?" he asked.

"So that's a no," I went around the store and stopped at the necklaces before stopping at a painting, it was of the harbor around dusk, "that's pretty."

"It is, but look at the paint chip right there," Parker pointed.

I looked at him and sighed, "you like new things don't you?" I asked.