Chapter Five : i mean i fooled you

Paige

So here I was living in a life I didn't quite know how to react, or if I should react like any rational normal human being would when they are at the attempts of fake dating not only a childhood once upon a time friend but also dating my brothers best friend, I mean it would be weird if Madi and Malcolm were together.

Throughout the day at school Parker had been trying to walk me to class as much as he can and talk about me to Malcolm as much as he can and same with me. We're trying to make it believable and I think it's working, Haylee ran into me in the hallway and for once she didn't say any snotting thing about me but through her eyes she was making a plan. I was a threat to her, good finally deserves a little karma for being a bitch. Connor was honest on his word and kept his distance from me at least. Parker had made a comment in the hallway on the way to my last period that he confronted him but he didn't get to say what about because of the fact that he'd be late if he stayed to walk with me any longer. Luckily I'm going to his house after school.

I walked out to his truck and Malcolm gave me an unsettled look before confronting me, "Parker and you have spent quite some time together at school, what the hells going on Paige. He's my best friend and last time I knew you hated him with a passion. What happened yesterday? Actually what the hell happened the past couple days with you. Did something happen at the store that one day?" he pushed, "I don't want you dating him or even liking him that'll throw shit off, I preferred you to hate him, why don't you hate him?"

Okay Paige, sell it to him, sell it like your life depends on it because if Malcolm can believe I caught feelings than anyone else will too, "I know, I thought I did hate Parker. Believe me Malcolm I'm just as surprised but Parker made me realize a lot yesterday and that hate that I had was jealousy. I was jealous that Parker was with Haylee, I saw the shit storm she put him through and it made me angry that he didn't think he deserved better but he does and I'd never hurt him, Malcolm. He made my eyes open on the shitstorm I created with Connor but being around him makes me feel appreciated and cared for. He's helping me too, which I know you think I should've done on my own, but Malcolm Parker's amazing, he's talented, hes brilliant, I know it's a lot to ask but come on Malcolm. Don't hate the idea of us possibly together," I looked at him hoping I sold it but there was still a skeptical look on his face.

"Paige I don't know what joke you guys are trying to play but," Parker came up to me and then looked at Malcolm.

"Paige ready to go?" he kept his eyes on me and Malcolm looked between the two of us before focusing on Parker.

"Going where exactly? We have practice," Malcolm looked at his best friend confused as hell.

"Paige is going over to my place, we're working on that english assignment together and just hanging out, and the coach saw that I stayed over to practice more so he gave me today off. He knows I'm ready for the game on friday, I'm the most prepared," Parker looked at Malcolm.

"Wait a damn minute, you two are going to be alone together at your house, same house no one else is allowed over," Malcolm looked at Parker in complete and utter shock.

"Yeah," Parker nodded.

Malcolm pulled him away from me for a second and talked to him in a low tone which made me wonder what they were talking about.

After what felt like a five minute conversation they both came back.

"I trust Parker and whatever you guys are doing or figuring out I don't agree with it, I'll never agree with it but I'll let you guys do you for now until it comes to other things then I'm better off not knowing," Malcolm walked away and Parker smiled before motioning me to his truck while getting the door for me.