Chapter Fifty-Two : are we toxic?

Parker

I woke up and groaned, my head was fucking throbbing, wait how'd I get back home? I sat up and looked around my room before spotting my bookbag and Paiges. Wait that can't fucking be right, I was not with Paige last night. I was with, fuck I can't even remember her name. Shit, I'm starting off not that well. I got off my bed and saw the aspirin and water next to me. Okay so if I did come home drunk, my mom would not be this nice, nor would Michael and seeing Paiges bookbag but no Paige in sight is really fucking with my head. I took the medication and walked to the door and I heard the tv on and it was a show Michael usually watches, but where the hell is Paige.

I ran down my steps about to beat the shit out of Michael and I saw her at the kitchen sink cleaning. She was quiet, but I still wasn't confident that Michael didn't try to pull anything with her. Since he came back he promised my mom the moon and the stars and I don't believe a bit of it.

"Parker, glad to see you," Michael smiled at me and I ignored him going directly towards Paige who looked over at me and smiled.

"How's your head?" she asked, going back to the bowl in her hand. We have a dishwasher but it doesn't work. Michael was supposed to wash the dishes, he told my mom he would and yet here's Paige who's washing them at five in the evening and she's not complaining.

"I've seen better days," I commented, "I can do those," I then said, I felt bad that she was here cleaning my house.

"No, it's fine, it's given me something to do while you were sleeping. I checked on you every fifteen minutes though," she looked up at me.

"How long have you been over?" I asked.

"Well you showed up to school drunk and I found you making out with I do believe a freshman. I told you to go home and the only way you would is either if you drove or if I took you home. I ended up staying to take care of you because putting my trust in Michael," Paige laughed, "that wasn't going to happen."

"You, you skipped school?" I was surprised, that wasn't like Paige, I've tried to get her to skip many other times when I wanted to sleep in a little longer or not go at all together but she pushed me out of my bed to go and pick her up. I'm not saying she has perfect attendance but she doesn't skip unless she's sick. As in deathly sick.

"Yeah," she nodded, keeping her eyes on the dishes in front of her.

"I, I didn't say anything," how do I word this without sounding like a horny teen.

"Other than asking about our first time and if I wanted to see you naked no," she shook her head.

"I didn't try to do anything with you though right?"

Paige's cheeks blazed red but she shook her head no, "No, uhm," she cleared her throat but stayed quiet.

Why do I no believe her, did we have sex again?

"Are you sure?" I asked her, confused.

"Parker," she looked at me in the eyes before looking away. What the hell did I do to her? She can't even keep eye contact anymore, "I'd tell you if you tried something."

"But your cheeks are red, you aren't telling me something," I stepped closer to her and I didn't mean to intentionally do it. It just felt like she was a million miles away right now.

"I know," she whispered, "umm okay I guess I wasn't honest with you but you," she sighed frustrated, I didn't know who she was more frustrated with herself or me, " you kissed me," she looked at me and the regret I had.