Chapter Twenty : i'm not yours anymore

Parker

We walked in later than we usually did since dropping off Nora was a struggle enough today, she got really fussy when we took her inside and wouldn't let go of Paige for a good fifteen minutes before falling asleep, she must've had a rough nights sleep or something because that was usually never like Nora to do or act like.

"You don't need to walk me to class, I know you need to get your books and things and I don't want you late to class," Paige mentioned, the five minute bell had already rang signaling another two minutes before you were counted late.

I nodded rushing to my locker, today was not the day to be late for class, my first hour teacher was strict as it was and having a test first hour, plus being late was not on my to do list.

I grabbed my books from my locker with a minute to spare before getting to the classroom as the bell rang, she looked at me like I was lucky for getting here on time.

"Thank you for joining us Mr. Greyson," she sat on her stool like she usually did while taking attendance.

I sat down at the table we assigned ourselves in the beginning of the year which I now regret but can't do anything about. Haylee is right next to me while Noah is across from me with Ella, who I actually don't mind, she was now Paige's friend I think, but her and Haylee used to be real close.

"So, Connor let me know what happened at her house. And to notice your lateness and the exhaustion in your eyes I can see your going through a breakup," she frowned, "how'd you find out?"

Ella looked at me confused, "Paige didn't tell us that she and you broke up."

"Embarrassment sweetie, Paige getting broken up with isn't something you just bring up when she's the cheater," Haylee turned to Ella before looking at me.

"For your information Haylee, Paige and I are doing a lot better. Connor came onto her and she pushed him off," I stared at her and her whole face changed and she was trying to find something to come back with.

"Then why so tired?" she shot back thinking I was staying up because my mind was never quiet, but my mind was never quiet because I worried about her, "your having doubts?"

"Probably because Parkers getting some," Noah smiled at me like the fight never happened and he never said the things he said about her.

Haylee looked at me in disgust, "you fucked her?"

"Paige never said anything about that either," Ella mentioned.

"Wait she's right, also you said yesterday how much you respect her," she got close to my ear and placed her hand on my thigh, "I can make those worries go away though," I knew she was smiling as she pulled away and removed her hand before looking forward as Mrs. Richards began to talk about the test.

I wasn't going to let Paige down again, she was already so worried about her own problems that adding the fact that I messed around with Haylee without taking control of my own damn life was not going to be another reason to let her down.

She began to pass the tests and Haylee looked at me and smiled like she thought she knew she had me, "I'm not yours anymore," I mouth and the smile faded and the fear of losing me became clear in her eyes.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I caught up to Paige leaving her writing class and saw her walking with Ella. They were talking but Paige didn't look like she wanted to talk anymore, she looked drained, worried and confused.