Chapter Forty-Eight : matchmaker

Parker

I might actually be losing my fucking shit, since the thought of losing Paige has crossed my mind more than once I'm doing irrational things to see a spark in those eyes, to get her to stop distancing herself from me. I needed her to see me, to take one fucking look at me and tell me she didn't want to try. She's already acting like a jealous girlfriend and no matter how fucking annoying she is in this moment I found it adorable that she was jealous.

"Since when did you let Haylee win? When did you stop being a fighter?" I asked looking into her eyes and she was trying to comprehend everything and I smiled realizing I had an effect on her just by my touch, "I'm sorry Paige," I pushed my hands in her inner thighs and she grabbed my hands to stop me.

"I stopped fighting when I realized what's the point in fighting for something that would take back a whore," her voice was breathy but her eyes were dangerous.

"I talked to Mason about the party, he believes me even after I showed him the pictures. He said something not adding up because he knows I wouldn't risk losing you for her. He's digging and I know he can get shit from people I can't. I promised you proof and I'm getting you that so just wait before you make a decision of leaving. I'm not asking you to tell me you're in love with me but I don't want to feel like the only one who's able to admit that they feel something," I waited and we both heard the pitter patter coming downstairs and I stepped away from Paige. As far as possible to stop my urges to kiss her, to be near her.

"Guess what I overheard mommy and daddy talking about," I kept my eyes trained on Nora, looking at Paige was not an option right now.

"Paige," Nora tapped her leg and it's like she came back from another world.

"Sorry, what did you hear?" Paige sounded distant.

"Did something happen?" Nora looked between the two of us and I kept my eyes focused on her.

"Paige just said she didn't like my pancakes, I'm upset," I responded.

"But you haven't even tried them yet," Nora looked at her.

"I," she hesitated, "I know, but what if they aren't the best. What if from the outside they look amazing but when I actually try them they aren't good?" I felt her eyes on me. Was she trying to communicate something?

"That's okay, trying new things is good though, if you end up not liking them just smile and grin to make Parker feel some sort of happiness. He didn't just come over for me," Nora commented, "but before we try the pancakes you need to change again."

She smiled, "Okay, I will," she hopped down and went upstairs.

"Nora what was the big thing you overheard?" I asked.

"They are talking about taking a trip for spring break," she smiled.

"Oh really," I smiled, "where?"

"Close, I think Michigan? But they want to bring you and your mom too," she looked at me and I was surprised.

"Nora are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, I heard it," she commented.

"Nora can I ask you something?"

"Anything," she smiled.

"Say I went to the zoo and didn't do anything wrong but someone I used to care about made it look as if I did," she interrupted me.

"Like what?"

I thought about it, "like I stole Paige's favorite sloth named," I hesitated, "Roo and that, let's say her name is Bailey the person I care about came over and showed Paige pictures of someone who looks like me take Roo. And now because Bailey convinced Paige that I took Roo, Paige is struggling to trust me because of that."