#19 panic~

Naruto pov:
Itachi walked into sasukes room and I felt all the color drain from my face 'shit this is exactly what I didnt want to happen'

"Naruto whats up with the bandages?" He asked in surprise. I assuming he was talking about my face I tried thinking of an excuse.

Sasuke looked at me worriedly and I could tell he wanted me to tell itachi but I shook my head "itachi it's nothing I got into a fight and that's all. It just hurt to clean my wounds out" I told him butbeing a detective, he didn't believe me in the slightest.

"Naruto stand up and try to walk straight. Then show me the wounds under the gauze" he told me.

I froze. 'I can't walk for shit!' I thought but I tried to stand up anyway. As soon as I was was about to put pressure on my right leg sasuke got off his bed and picked me up.

"No way in hell am I letting you walk with a broken knee ok?" He said quietly to me and I nodded as he set me back down on the bed. I nervously looked at itachi who eyed me suspiciously.

Sasuke set me back down on the bed and I sighed "ok well that clears up that you can't walk. I highly doubt a little fight would hurt you that badly. Now whats under the gauze."

"Yeah well the guys who attacked me were overly violent how about that? and it's nothing to worry about. It'll probably heal soon" sasuke looked shocked but he didn't say anything because he knew I would speak up when I was ready.

"Naruto c'mom if it isn't bad then you wouldn't have a problem showing me. Now please let me see whats under the gauze"

"No your gonna go all police mode and make it worse for me"

"What do you mean make it worse. It's a wound seeing it won't make it hurt more. Unless the person who gave you the wound is being consistent abut giving you them and if I call the police on them they'll lash out even more."

"I- how'd you get all that from one sentice" I asked wide eyed.

"Naruto I'm a detective I deal with this stuff almost everyday. Now when did you get the wounds"

"Today..."

"Name all the places you went today"

"No."

"Naruto please. I'm not asking as a detective right now i'm asking as just plain old itachi who cares about you and your well-being."

I shook my head again "i'm not saying anything. You'd find out to fast and I've only told one person"

He sighed "fine i'll move on from that question for now. Do you have anymore wounds"

I nodded slowly "yeah....."

"Where"

I lifted the sweatshirt i stole from sasuke to reveal the bandages around my chest.

"Can I see what under those"

"No"

"Can you tell me then?"

"I guess. I think the guy re-broke my rib" I said not mentioning the belt mark. It wasn't technically a lie , only half the truth.

"Is that all?"

I nodded my head. "No it's not. You're lying to me. You wouldn't put bandages over just a broken rib. You said he re-broke it. That means it had been broken before while you were still here. Just this week you didn't have any bandages around your chest then. There's gotta be some kind of wound"

"Itachi don't worry about it! I can handle myself. it's happened before and I survived didn't I? Just let me deal with it" I said frustrated.

Sasuke put hus hands on my shoulders and looked at me pleadingly "please tell him. I want to help you just as much as he does. The only difference is he can do way more than me" he whispered.