#42 so thats why...

Naruto pov

A minute later my door creaked open to reveal my raven, he closed to door and sat next to me smiling sadly "how're you holding up"

I shook my head but smiled unsurely at him "I dunno...I mean I always thought my father loved my mom and thats why he went ballistic when my she died. unless..." I fell into silence as the thought hit me.

"Unless?" Sasuke asked confused. I shook my head.

"No never mind it's stupid" I received a concerned look from sasuke but he didn't ask about it.

'I couldn't be right could I? No I've gotta be, that would explain why he beat me and always seemed so angered by me' I thought and shook my head vigorously trying to yet the thought to leave my head but it stuck like glue.

Sasuke looked at me sympathetically and placed his hand on mine "what's on your mind?" He asked rubbing circles on the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Sasuke he didn't send that man out to kill my mom, he wouldn't, I know he's a terrible person but he loved her"

This just caused the confusion on his face to grow "what are you talking about what else could he have wanted to do by sending that man after you guys?!"

"Sasuke...I was his target. I just know it. Thats why he went mad once my mom died, because he had meant for me to die not her. It's a wonder I'm still alive after living with him for so long....." I trailed off as I remembered one particular time where I almost didn't survive.

*flash back* TW BTW

I was twelve years old and at the time I was trying to hold back tears as I cleaned the mess from my previous beating with and aching body.

I heard the doorknob jiggle before the door was slammed open. I flinched and crawled behind the couch fearfully.

'Bad day at work...' I thought as I sat on my hands and knees trembling.

"THAT STUPID BASTARD! WHAT DOES HE MEAN I CAN'T HAVE A PROMOTION I'VE BEEN WORKING UNDER HIM FOR TEN YEARS" he shouted angrily and kicked the coffee table over causing the vase on it to shatter.

I jumped away from the glass and my father spotted me "I know just how to make my day just a little bit better" he grinned evily as he walked over to me and pulled me by my hair so I would stand up.

"No, please not again!" I shouted and he shoved me to the ground and onto the glass shards.

"Don't you dare speak to me child" he spat violently and I tried standing up but a peice of glass had gotten lodged in my foot.

I shrieked and fell back to the ground on the glass with my already bloody hands and knees.

He laughed and kicked me so I fell onto my side and slid across the glass on the floor. He was really angry this time I could tell. i was screwed.

Normally he would have spat at least one insult at me but so far nothing. I was shaking on the floor terrified.

He picked up a large peice of glass off the floor and cut through my shirt and i felt the sharp glass graze my skin leaving a small cut. The fact that it was small didn't mean it hurt any less.

I looked up and immeadietly wished I hadn't. My father had a malicious look on his face as he held the peice of glass above my stomach.

My eyes widened in realization but all to late because he had already swung his hand down and penetrated my side with the glass shard.

He removed the glass shard from my side to let blood flow out if my body.

He removed the glass from my side and slashed three lines across each side of my face and I screamed yet again.