#38 surgery

Naruto pov

I felt someone gently nudging me so I slowly opened my eyes "mmm What" I mumbled and clung to sasuke.

"We have to leave now Naruto, the hospital wants us there by twelve" I heard sasukes gentle voice tell me and almost any annoyance from being woken up was gone.

"Stupid hospital" I muttured and I rolled off of him and onto my back.

He laughed and stood up before holding out his hand to me which I took and sat up. I stretched before standing up and hopping over to my crutches.

"Sasuke I'm gonna be lonley in the hospital promise you'll call me when you get home from school when you can?" I asked balancing myself on my crutches.

He looked up from his phone and his eyes softened "of course i will, and I'll stay all throughout visiting hours i promise"

I smiled and nodded my head "thank you sasuke" I said and wrapped my arms around him as best I could with my crutches in one hand.

"Yeah of course, and we'll get you out of there as soon as you're able to leave" he told me and pulled back from the hug.

"Yes! Thank you! I haven't even been in the surgery room but I already know I'm gonna be bored"

He laughed at me and slung his arm around my shoulder "well just focus on resting while you're there ok? I know you're gonna be bored but sit still ok?"

"Yeah yeah I know I'll try. I just want to be better for our last soccer game because if I have to wait untill next season to play I'll be pissed"

"Yeah I know you will be, I think everyone else will be too. Don't stress about it too much you'll most likely be healed by then"

"I thought you said it would take four weeks to heal though? The game's in like three weeks" I said frowning.

"That was just a guess naruto, knowing you you'll say you're ready to play weather you are or aren't"

I smiled at that and rolled my eyes "well duh"

"Ok c'mon we have to go now" he said nodding his head to the door and I groaned.

"Fineee" I said and limped my way out of his room then slid down the railing.

"You're gonna get hurt doing that y'know" sasuke told me walking down the steps.

"Well I haven't gotten hurt yet have i? Nope! I'll.wait for my luck to run out" I told him.

He sighed and shook his head "of course you will"

"Come on you guys! You're ready right?" Itachi called and walked out of the kitchen holding his keys "oh i guess you are, let's go then" he said and I sighed as we walked out of the door.

As soon as I sat down in the back seat all my nerves crashed over me like a tidal wave. I hadn't been as nervous earlier because it didn't feel as real.

Now that I'm in the car though, I'm terrified. I really shouldn't have been as scared as I was but just the thought of surgery and something going wrong scared me to no end.

I know the chances of anything going wrong are low but the chance still existed and there was still the factor of all my scars and bruises.

The belt mark on my face had scared over and so did the year he carved into my arm. The nurses were going to notice and most definitely make me tell them what happened.

That thought scared me more than surgery if i'm being honest. The only people i really felt comfortable talking to were sasuke and itachi.

I but my lip nervously and stared out the window as thoughts raced through my mind.