#27 exposed again

Shikamaru pov
"Wait....abuse?" I asked quietly and shocked.

"Bingo" Naruto said making awkward finger guns at me.

"Shit for once I was really hoping I was wrong"

"Well you weren't"

"Does sasuke know?"

"Yeah I was with him before this happened" he said pointing to his knee.

"So he knows who did this to you? Wait isn't his brother with the police? Does he know?"

"Yes to both of those questions. I made them both promise not to tell anyone or do anything about it. It would probably end up ruining my life if I'm honest"

'How would it ruin his life? Wouldn't that make it better if they got rid of the person who did this to him? Unless the person was someone who played a big part in his life. Siblings? No I don't think he has any. Parents? Oh fuck I hope not' I thought yet I found myself asking anyway.

"Is it your parents?" I asked crossing my fingers hoping I was wrong.

"W-what?" He asked nervously.

"Is it your parents?" I asked again now worried due to his reaction. I already knew what his answer would be but I was still hoping he would prove me wrong.

"I- fucking God shikamaru why couldn't you just be stupid? Yeah it's my dad" he muttured.

"Why won't you let sasuke and itachi help though?"

"Because if I loose my dad then I loose my source of food, shelter, school money, and everything else that I need"

"But wouldn't sasuke and itachi just let you stay with them?"

"Oh I'm sure they would but that would mean them spending money on me that they could have been spending on themselves. Plus I'm scared of what my dad would do to me if the police were after him. In complete honesty he would probably kill me" he said fearfully and my eyes widened.

"Itachi works for the police though....he wouldn't be able to get to you right?"

"Not at sasukes house no. But anywhere else? It would be fair game for him. Shikamaru I already had this conversation with sasuke and itachi. Maybe one day I'll get him sent to jail but not any time soon" he told me shaking his head saddly.

"Naruto what if he breaks your bones again? Or even stabbs you like your hands?" I asked now fearing for my friend.

"Then I'll just deal with it. I know how to heal myself plus now I have sasuke to help me if something like that happens again. I really appreciate your concern though" he said and put a hand on my shoulder smiling sadly at me.

"I-but you have to do something soon right? What about when school starts? How will you go home to him everyday"

"I don't know yet but hey I've made it this far haven't I?"

"Wait how long has he been doing this?!" I asked getting more worried and sad for naruto by the minute.

"I was what seven when my mom died....so yeah since I was seven" he told me and I covered my mouth with my hands.

"You've been dealing with that for ten years?!" I asked in complete shock.

"Yeah...sorry to worry you about anything. Just try not to worry to much. I'm probably not going to see him again untill school starts" he told me trying his best to smile.

"When you turn him in...let me know ok?"

"Yeah I will" he nodded wearing a small grin.

"Ok thanks" I felt sick to my stomach. I couldn't believe that he had to go through that.