Chapter 101 - Helping Decision

Me, Ahsoka, Anakin and Obi Wan made our way down to where the icon was, seeing how that place had been hit incredibly badly and they'd need all the help they could get.

"Ahsoka, how many people died today due to this battle?" I asked.

"I, don't know." She replied. "I, can't count. Millions at least, maybe billions."

"Oh god, that's a lot more than I was expecting." I replied.

"Yes, and, it saddens me." She whispered. I wrapped an arm around her as we continued walking.

"How did most of them die?" I asked.

"The icon, it, changed things. It began to suck the life essence out of, everything. That's how it gets more powerful the longer it was alive, and, it sucking the life of everything, killed millions of old, weak, and sick."

I nodded as she said that before we arrived at the place where the icon was standing. What was once a row of tower blocks of flats had now been completely destroyed, and so had the surrounding area, by quite a lot.

"Oh my god." Ahsoka whispered. We began to look around before Ahsoka turned to our left. "(Y/n), come here!" She yelled as she dashed over to a building. I followed right behind her and stopped as she did.

"What is it?" I asked.

"In here! Quick!" She yelled.

"Why, what's in here?" I asked as I began to tear the wall apart and break my way in. Once there was a gap a few inches wide, Ahsoka slid in and dashed off. Seconds later, she returned holding a crying Baby boy.

"Sh, it's ok." Ahsoka whispered as she held the boy in her arms. "Shh, go to sleep. Yeah, there you go." She whispered as she tapped the baby on the nose. The small baby giggled slightly as Ahsoka hugged it before waiting for it to go to sleep. After not too long, it did.

"Anakin, where do injured civilians meet for help?" Ahsoka asked.

"Wollfe is organising that over there." Anakin said as he pointed over to a newly made Republic checkpoint which had been set up just to distribute supplies.

"What about orphaned babies?" Ahsoka whispered.

"Wait, did this baby lose their mother?" Padmé asked.

"Yes, they, died." Ahsoka whispered. Padmé walked up to Ahsoka and gently took the baby from her.

"I'll take care of this little one for now until I can find them a foster parent. You need to help out down here." Padmé said before walking off with the tiny baby in her hands. Me and Ahsoka turned back to Obi Wan and Anakin before we began to go around and help everyone which Ahsoka could feel weren't getting any. We also saved lots of people who were stuck in destroyed buildings.

We spent the rest of the day helping others, and when it finally got dark, we met back up again with Obi Wan, Anakin and Padmé.

"I was able to find the child a foster parent." Padmé said.

"That's good. I couldn't bare to have them go without one." Ahsoka said. "If you couldn't find one, I'd have created one."

I pulled Ahsoka's waist towards mine and held it there.

"Anyways, we've done all we can, for today." Anakin said. "We've all been awake for about 72 hours fighting, let's go get some rest." He said.

I knew that me and Ahsoka were thinking the same thing, so I said it.

"Me and Ahsoka can stay and help." I said. "We're both gods and both Slayers, so we can with ease."

Ahsoka smiled as I said that. Obi Wan looked at Anakin before turning back to us.