Chapter 63 - Funeral

I wrote a note for Ahsoka and put it next to her. On it, I said that I'd gone to the prison to interrogate Petro and that if she wanted me to return, all she had to do was call me and I'd come back.

As I got to the prison, I was stopped by two clone guards.

"Reason for access, sir." One said.

"I'm going to interrogate Petro." I said. The clones nodded before proceeding to step aside and allow me in.

I made my way through the prison, passing a fair few occupied cells, the only person in which I recognised was General Loathsom from the battle of Christophsis.

Soon, I arrived at Petro's cell. He was sat on his bed with his feet up against the wall while throwing a tiny pebble up and down.

I entered the code to let me in and entered his cell.

"Petro." I said as I entered. Petro didn't reply, he just kept throwing his pebble in the air. "Why'd you do it?" I asked.

"To ruin you, that's why I did it." Petro said as he took his feet off the wall and stopped throwing his pebble. He turned to face me and hunched his shoulders forward. "I knew that you were too strong of a Jedi to harm directly, but I knew that me harming or killing Ahsoka would get to you." He said.

"But you didn't accomplish either." I said.

"Did I not? Ahsoka's currently depressed, isn't she? She's just lost one of the younglings which she swore to protect, all just because of her lust for love."

I lunged at him and grabbed him by the throat. "Care to say that again?" I said as I strangled Petro. He shook his head and began to hit my hand, despair filling his eyes.

I dropped him back onto his bed as he began to choke for air.

"You were saying." I said.

Petro glanced up at me before sitting back down on his bed.

"I didn't mean to kill Zatt, I swear." Petro said. "I only wanted to harm Ahsoka, not Zatt. Please, this is the truth, I swear."

"Fucking swearing it's the truth isn't going to change anything!" I yelled as I stood up. "Fact still remains, you killed Zatt and attempted to kill Ahsoka. You can't even plead innocent anymore, thanks to the recordings." I said.

Petro looked down at the floor in disgust.

"I should've killed you while I had the chance." He said.

"And how would you have done that?" I asked.

"The Crucible ride on the way back, those pirates which arrived didn't arrive as a coincidence. I paid them well to try and kill you, but they failed." Petro said.

I turned around and began to think about what he'd just said. Petro apparently wanted to kill me before I'd even annoyed him.

"Did you contact these pirates before we left Coruscant?" I asked.

"Why does it matter?" He sulked.

"Just answer the question and you'll see me for less time." I said.

"Alright yes. I ordered the pirates to kill you and Ahsoka before hand." He said.

"Interesting that, isn't it. Was there any other person involved in this arrangement." I said.

"Um, n-no." He stuttered.

"Was there no, Cad Bane hiring you to do so?" I said.

"Damn you, how do you know everything about all of this!" Petro yelled.