Chapter 41 - The Gathering

It's been a few days since I rescued Ahsoka. Barriss has been arrested for interrogation, I've told the Jedi council how the hell invasion should be over since all 3 priests are dead and Ahsoka has gotten back up to a decent strength.

Today is Ahsoka's first mission in a while. It isn't a combat one though, just she's meant to escort 6 Jedi younglings to Ilum for the gathering. I've been told to go with her which is not an issue in the slightest. I want to go with her just to make sure that she is safe as I know that she can still be a target for people, especially bounty hunters and pirates who want money, which the dark lord is probably paying for her head.

"Are you ready?" I ask as Ahsoka packs her big fluffy coat and straps her lightsabers onto her belt.

"I am. Are you?" She asks.

"I've got my suit, got my weapons, and I've got you. What else do I need?" I replied.

Ahsoka smiled and placed a kiss on my cheek. "Come on, let's get going." She said. I put my helmet on as she led me out of her room.

We made our way through the temple to the hangar where we would meet the Jedi younglings. We passed a few Jedi on the way but none of them either of us knew so we just nodded and walked past.

Eventually, we got to the hangar where the 6 Jedi younglings were waiting. From a distance, I could see that only 1 was a human, the other 5 were a different species, the only one of which I knew was the wookiee.

"Hello younglings." Ahsoka said to get their attention as we walked over to them.

"Hello Padawan Tano, hello, sir." The human boy said to us.

"How are you all doing?" Ahsoka asked them. I had a feeling that Ahsoka would do all the talking. She seemed a lot better with people, and kids especially.

"I'm excited!" One of them shouted, followed by the rest of them cheering, including the wookiee.

"That's good to hear." Ahsoka said as they calmed down. "You've all passed your Jedi training, now lies your final challenge, the gathering." All the younglings watched Ahsoka in awe as she explained what the gathering was. It had been so long for me since I'd been to the gathering that I'd forgotten what it was actually like.

"So we're going to become proper Jedi after this?" One of them asked.

"Once you've constructed your lightsabers, then yes." Ahsoka replied.

They all cheered once again.

"Now, let's not delay. Everybody, onto the ship." Ahsoka said as R2 D2 opened the ramp to the ship and we all got on.

R2 went to the cockpit and began to pilot the ship into space and then hyperspace toward Ilum as the rest of us were in the lobby area talking. By the rest of us talking, I mean everyone else talking.

"When I get my lightsaber, I'm going to challenge Obi Wan Kenobi to a duel and win." The human said.

"Petro, be real. He's a Jedi master and has been for years. You've got no chance." One of them replied.

"Watch and see." He replied.

Ahsoka shook her head with a smile before walking over to me.

"Children are so cute, thinking that they can beat master Kenobi already. I love it." Ahsoka said with a smile.

"Don't get any ideas just yet. You're only 16." I replied.

"And you're not?" Ahsoka asked.

"If we're going off a year being 365 days of 24 hours, then I'm older in years than you are in milliseconds." I replied.