Chapter 56 - Ghosts of Mortis

We all got back to our crashed ship together and without encountering any problems. Mine and Ahsoka's hands were tight in each others for the entire way, with Ahsoka also trying to stay as close to me as she could while still being able to walk and not trip up.

Once we arrived back at the ship, Obi Wan told me and Ahsoka to get to work on repairing the ship, so we did.

"What's the damage like?" I asked Ahsoka.

"Quite bad. Several things need to be worked on, and some I can't properly fix." Ahsoka replied as she poked her head up out of the hole in the cockpit where she was working.

"Will we be able to get off this planet once you've finished?" I asked.

"We'll have to hope so, because there are a few major things which are broken and can't really be repaired."

I nodded and leant back in my chair. I don't know why Obi Wan told me to repair the ship. I don't know how any of this type of tech works and even if I did, I was too big to fit into where Ahsoka is working.

"Could you pass me that?" Ahsoka asked as she poked her head over the top and pointed at some form of cylinder thing.

"Sure." I said as I walked over to it and passed the cylinder to Ahsoka. She smiled as she caught it before disappearing back down again.

I sat in my chair, looking at the hole in my armour, trying to think of how I could repair it. It was quite a sizeable hole and I'd probably have to go get the resources required for me to repair it.

I heard a speeder fire up and fly off outside.

"I'm going to go check on that." I said as I stood up out of my chair.

"Alright. Don't be too long." Ahsoka shouted up from wherever she was in the ship.

I walked outside and saw Obi Wan watching a speeder fly off into the distance.

"Anakin's going to go talk to the father." Obi Wan said.

"Right." I replied. "Need either me or Ahsoka for anything?" I asked.

"No not yet, just, go back to repairing the ship." He said.

I nodded before walking back into the ship and over to the hole where Ahsoka was working. I looked in and saw her lying on her back with her eyes shut.

"Ahsoka?" I asked as I looked down over her. She opened her eyes and looked up at me.

"Hm? What'd you say?" She asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just, tell me next time you're going to go to sleep." I said. "Almost gave me a heart attack."

Ahsoka sighed. "Alright." She replied before crawling back into the ship.

About an hour went by and the only things which happened was that every so often Ahsoka would poke her head up and ask me for something or Obi Wan would walk in, ask how it's going then leave again.

I heard Obi Wan begin to talk to somebody outside. It must've been Anakin.

"I'm going to go see what's going on." I said to Ahsoka as I stood up.

"Alright. I'll keep working on the ship." She replied.

I walked outside but saw Obi Wan talking to the father, not Anakin.

"Where's he gone?" Obi Wan asked.

"He's gone to the well of the dark side." The father replied. "Only there can he truly find out his destiny."

"What, and die to the son?" Obi Wan snapped.

"No, my son will not kill Anakin, he wants Anakin alive." The father said. "If he truly is the chosen one then his path will open for him."