Chapter 49 - Broken and Breathless

I woke up with a slight headache. I tried to think back to what had happened when I suddenly remembered that Ahsoka was in danger when I fell unconscious.

"Ahsoka!" I shouted as I sat up. I looked around and saw Ahsoka lying in a bed next to me, still with a ventilator pumping oxygen in and out of her lungs. I saw the ECG beeping away as well, letting me know that she also still had a heartbeat, which took a lot of the worry off of my shoulders.

"General, you need to rest." Someone said to my left. I looked to see who it was and saw Kix walking towards me. "You saved her life yesterday, but passed out from lack off oxygen yourself. Stay and rest."

"No, I'm fine." I said as I stood up, pulling my own ECG off as I did so. Kix went to stop me but chose against it. "How's Ahsoka? She's the one who matters, not me." I asked as we walked over to her.

"She's in a stable condition now. The lack of oxygen to her body caused a problem in her brain which is why she passed out. The low blood pressure didn't help either." Kix said.

"Will she be ok?" I asked.

"She should be fine, just she'll have to take it easy for a few days." Kix replied.

"Again." I said.

Kix looked at me puzzlingly. "Why again?" He asked.

"Remember when she went missing?" I asked. Kix nodded in response. "She was taken to this freezing place and lost a lot of blood there. When I got her back, she was still alive, but barely. Me and Anakin got her into a stable condition but because of the severe loss of blood, she wasn't able to do practically anything. She couldn't even open a snack bar, let alone even sit up or move. She also got out of breath just talking. After a few days in bed though, she got back up to scratch."

Kix nodded again. "I suppose that you're gonna stay here until she can leave then as well." He said.

"Yes." I replied.

"Very well, general (y/n). I'm going to go now. If something happens to her, call Rex and he'll tell me or another clone medic to come here instantly." Kix said.

"Alright. See you." I replied as he left.

I sat myself down next to Ahsoka and put my hand into hers. Seeing her in such a state was heartbreaking, but it happened and there was nothing we could do about it now.

After a few hours of me just sitting there with my hand in my sleeping Ahsoka's, Anakin walked in.

"Hey (y/n), how's she doing?" Anakin asked.

"She's doing ok. She's in a stable condition and is currently safe. Once she has woken up though, she'll be very weak again." I replied.

"So I suppose that neither of you are going to be doing any missions soon." Anakin asked.

"I assume so." I replied as I looked down at Ahsoka. She was still fairly pale, she must've been hungry as well. She probably hadn't eaten in at least a day. "Do you want to go get some more snacks bars? She hasn't eaten in a while." I said.

"Will she be able to open them?" Anakin asked.

"I'll do that for her, regardless of whether she can or not. I'm not going to let her use her muscles unnecessarily." I said.

Anakin smiled. "Alright, I'll go get her some food for when she wakes up." Anakin said before leaving the med bay.

I looked back over at my still asleep Ahsoka and gave her a slight smile. I bent forward and pressed my lips gently against her forehead.

"I love you Ahsoka." I whispered.

After a few minutes, Anakin came back into the med bay with some snack bars in his hands.