Chapter 89 - Divinity Machine

"What do we do here?" Ahsoka asked as we walked up to the pool of lava which could create or destroy a crucible.

"Make you your crucible."

"Wouldn't that take time?" Ahsoka asked.

"When a worthy slayer is chosen, it is gifted to them from the heavens."

Something didn't seem right about all of this. I didn't trust this so called Seraphim. He bestowed these powers upon me after years of training, foresight and divine intervention, and Ahsoka practically just appears and she's worthy. Also, he said that I would need my crucible to make Ahsoka's, yet here it is and I have barely touched mine.

"(Y/n)?" I heard Ahsoka whisper.

"Hm? Oh, nothing." I said.

"Shall we begin?"

Ahsoka looked from me to the Seraphim and nodded.

"Very well."

The Seraphim handed Ahsoka the crucible, then afterwards handed her a red, glowing coin, like the one I had to use, just, why was it red if it was for her?

"Now, hold the coin against the handle of the crucible."

Ahsoka did as he said until the coin had completely disappeared.

"Yes, now open the crucible blade. Don't ask how, you will know how to do it."

Ahsoka closed her eyes and felt around the handle until it opened up.

"Good, now submerge the tip of the handle into the holy lava. Pull it out once you feel it to be ready."

Ahsoka closed her eyes as she put the tip of the handle into the lava. She held it in there for a few seconds before slowly pulling it out, revealing a red, ignited blade.

"You are now a slayer."

"Um, why is it red?" Ahsoka asked.

"It matters not the colour of the blade, only the use."

"But, shouldn't it be blue?"

"Now why would it be blue?"

"Because she's a light side force user, not a dark side."

"Ah, but there is no distinction between the light and the dark when it comes to divine powers."

"Anyway, am I a slayer now?"

"Yes, indeed you are."

"So, what powers do I have?" Ahsoka asked.

"All the same as (y/n), just instead of anger and hate, you have kindness and compassion."

Ahsoka looked over at me and smiled a loving smile.

"Is she immortal?" I asked.

"Indeed she is."

"Then she needs to use the divinity machine." I said.

"Why so?"

"She has these physical powers, but not mental ones."

"Yes, but why should she need the mental powers when she is so physically powerful?"

"You know what happened to Jekkad. Without them, she will try to best herself forever, gaining strength, until she feels she has no purpose other than to do so, which will never be able to be quenched, leading either to her demise by my hand, or the rest of realities demise by hers."