Chapter 52 - Distress Call

I woke up in bed with Ahsoka in my arms. I opened my eyes and thought back to yesterday as one question popped into my head. How the hell did I get back here? There was no way Ahsoka could lift me without help. She must've had someone like Anakin come and help move me through to here. I sure wasn't going to complain about it though, since waking up with my Ahsoka in my arms is the best way for me to wake up, no question about it.

I pulled her soft little body closer to me and pressed her chest against mine. I could actually do that for once since Ahsoka wasn't holding my hand against her chest.

Ahsoka let out a soft sigh as a smile crept into her face, making me know that she was awake, just not wanting to get up.

I lightly kissed her forehead and gently stroked her lekkus for a second, before the blaring alarm of a comm link could be heard, shattering the serenity of the moment.

Ahsoka groaned in frustration as she sat up and reached over to her comm link. She answered it to see Anakin and Obi Wan standing there.

"Hello Snips, how are you?" Anakin asked.

"I'm, doing fine." Ahsoka replied even though she clearly would've rather stayed in bed with me.

"Good to hear." Anakin said with a smile.

"Is (y/n) there with you?" Obi Wan asked.

I sat up so that they could see my slightly disappointed face.

"Ah, hello (y/n)." Obi Wan said.

"Hello Master." I replied as I rubbed my eyes.

"Please could you both report to the briefing room, and don't delay, this is quite important." Obi Wan said.

"Of course, Master Kenobi." Ahsoka said before hanging up. As she did, she threw her comm link to the floor and looked across at me. "Morning (y/n)." She said as she yawned.

"Morning Ahsoka." I said as I kissed the top of her head. She giggled and smiled before looking up at me. "Come on you, let's get going." Ahsoka said as she got out of bed.

I too got out of bed and began to put my suit on.

"Why does it take you so long to put all of that on?" Ahsoka asked.

"Because it's armour. Just remember how many rounds my armour can take compared to your skin tight Spandex thing." I said as I poked at Ahsoka's clothing.

"Hey, it's not Spandex, it's, something else, I don't really know, I just know it isn't Spandex." Ahsoka said.

"Whatever you say." I replied.

"Oh just put your armour on." Ahsoka snapped playfully as I continued to put my suit on.

After about a minute, I'd finished putting it all on and was ready to go.

"Alright, I'm ready." I said as I turned around and faced Ahsoka. She smiled at me before walking over and pulling my head into hers. We pressed our lips against each others in what was quite a short, but still loving kiss.

"Now so am I." Ahsoka said with a smile.

"Let's get going then." I said as I began to lead Ahsoka out of our room.

She locked the door behind us as we began to walk through the temple toward the briefing room.

We walked past quite a few Jedi, none of which we knew, until we passed Master Luminara and her padawan Barriss.

I glared at them as we walked past, tightening my grip on Ahsoka's hand.

Once we were past them, Ahsoka turned to face me as we kept walking.