Chapter 45 - The Show

Me and Ahsoka walked to the meeting room where Anakin had said he'd be. Upon arrival, we saw Anakin and Obi Wan talking to a hologram of the Jedi I believed to be Aayla Secura.

"Hurry, Master Skywalker. We won't last much longer!" Secura said before her hologram began to fade.

"Master Secura, we're losing the signal. Hold tight!" Anakin shouted as the hologram disappeared. He hit the table before looking up at me and Ahsoka.

"What's the problem, Master?" Ahsoka asked.

"You two ready for battle?" Anakin asked.

"Yes, Master." Ahsoka replied.

"Good. We've got a rescue operation on our hands." Anakin said as he began to walk out of the meeting room. Me and Ahsoka shared a worried glance at each other before following Anakin.

"Is Master Secura in danger?" Ahsoka asked.

"Yes, and we're going after her." Anakin said.

"How many cruisers are we taking?" Ahsoka asked.

"Oh, just the one. It's all we've got and it's all we need." Anakin replied.

"But..." Ahsoka went to say but Anakin cut in.

"Master Secura is in trouble and she needs our help now. We can't wait for other ships to become available or she'll die along with everyone on her ship. We either go now or not at all." Anakin snapped.

Ahsoka went to say something but chose against it and just sighed.

We were all silent on our way to the dropship which was taking us up to the cruiser. We were also silent on our way up to the cruiser. It was only when we got off the dropship that any of us spoke up.

"Prepare the troops for an aerial assault." Anakin said as he turned to us. "We need to get down to the cruiser, dock a ship onto it and get as many people out of the ship as we can."

"Understood." Ahsoka replied. Anakin smiled and nodded before walking off.

"This is going to be awkward." I said as I turned to Ahsoka.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because every clone is going to know what you said and did at 79's." I said as I shook her shoulders.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that!" Ahsoka said as she burst into laughter.

"Uh, general, what's the joke?" Rex asked as he walked over.

"Do, do you not know?" Ahsoka asked as she wiped a tear out of her eye.

"I, don't think so, unless it's about what you two did at 79's." Rex said.

Ahsoka nodded. "It is." She said.

"Oh, well what are the orders for this mission." Rex asked.

"Prepare the troops for an aerial assault. We're going to board Master Secura's ship and get as many people out as we can." I said.

"Got it." He replied before walking over to his men and ordering them around.

"Well, that wasn't too bad." Ahsoka said as she walked next to me.

"Well what you did at 79's wasn't too bad." I replied.

"Well, how could I have made it worse?" She asked.

"You could have decided to demonstrate how I, to quote, 'fucked you'." I said as I fussed Ahsoka's head.

"That, could have happened." She replied.