Chapter 68 - Children Of The Force

Soon our ship landed back on the cruiser. On the journey back, me and Ahsoka just talked to each other while in on another's arms. All of the clones were talking as well, other than one who looked like he had a bad injury on his arm.

As the ship landed, the doors opened and the clones began to walk off.

"Where are you guys gonna go?" Rex asked.

"I'm heading to the mess hall." One said.

"Same here." Another said.

"I'm gonna stay here for a minute." One clone said as he sat down and took his helmet off.

Me and Ahsoka began to walk out of the ship behind the clone with the injured arm as Anakin called me.

"(Y/n) you might want to see this." He said.

"Go get some food. I'll catch up." I said.

Ahsoka smiled and nodded as she began to walk off. I walked back into the ship and saw Anakin and the clone who sat down looking at something.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Blood, but it certainly isn't from any of us." Anakin said.

"What colour is Duros blood?" The clone asked.

"Duros blood is green." Vega said.

This blood was also green, and Cad Name was a Duros, which meant that this was his blood! It must've been the wounded clone!

I ran off out of the ship and looked across to see Ahsoka inspecting the clone's arm.

"Ahsoka!" I yelled. She looked across at me and Bane took his opportunity to knee Ahsoka in the chest as hard as she could. Ahsoka clutched her chest as she fell to the floor.

I ran over to her as Anakin ran off after Bane.

"Ahsoka, are you alright?" I asked as I knelt next to her.

"Yes." She said as she propped herself up and looked over at Bane. He'd just whacked two clone officers and jumped into a star fighter.

"Vega, lock down all the hyperspace rings!" I said.

"I am unable to lock the hyperspace rings down. Would you like me to signal Admiral Yularen to tell him to do so?"

"Yes!" I yelled.

Bane got into the fighter and began to fly out of the hangar. We could see a hyperspace ring rise up for him.

Me and Ahsoka ran over to Anakin who was currently shouting down his comm link at the admiral to lock them all down.

"Lock them all down!" Anakin shouted.

We looked up to Bane and saw him dock with the ring and just before the rings locked down, he shot off into hyperspace and left.

"Ugh, he got away again?" Ahsoka groaned.

"It appears he did." Anakin said.

"Probably with the holocron as well!" I said.

"Oh shit yeah!" Ahsoka said.

"We've got to go tell the council." Anakin said.

The journey back to Coruscant was tense as everybody was on edge about what Bane would do to the holocron. It didn't take too long though as we quickly arrived back.

Anakin and Ahsoka went to go tell the council what the mission was and so left me waiting outside since I was only really a council member during hell invasion times.