Chapter 34

"Are you alright?"he asked, patting your head.

"Oh..Jin"

You felt your heart flutter again. The way he's patting your head with a concerned look makes you feel something that you don't understand. You are still not used to his good looking face.

"I saw your brother head out already so I came back"he said.

"How did you know he is my brother?"you asked, lowering your head.

"I saw your calendar upstairs. There was a circle on this date and 'Beomgyu visit' was written there so I immediately got out of here"he explained as he walked inside. You nodded and thought that he has a good wit to realize that and he immediately made an action.

"That's good"you praised. You walked towards your kitchen counter and grabbed the plastic bag that contained the sandwich and ice popsicle. You shyly gave it to Jin and he gladly accepted it.

"I bought that earlier"you said, scratching your head.

"Thank you. I appreciate it"he thanked with a smile. He started eating so you excused yourself to go upstairs.

You went to your bed and rested. You clasped your hand together on your belly. You were actually hungry but you didn't mind because you bought it for him anyway. You can just eat something later.

Jin finished what he was eating and threw the trash on the bin. He washed his hands before opening the fridge to get some water. After drinking, he wiped his mouth and headed upstairs.

He found you resting on your bed with your eyes closed. He quietly walked to make sure he wouldn't bother you. He smiled to himself, looking at you. Jin went to the balcony, staring at the sea. He missed being there but he's also afraid that there might be a time when he doesn't wanna go back.

You opened your eyes, realizing you were in dreamland for a few minutes. You sat up and saw Jin on your balcony. You wanted to approach him because just by the looks of his back, you could feel the longing inside him as he was staring at the sea.

He noticed your gaze which made him turn around. Your eyes widened and you immediately look away, pretended to look at something else. He chuckled at your cuteness.

"Y/n"he called.

"Yes?"

"Come here. I want to talk to you"he said, placing his hands behind his back. You nodded and gulped nervously. You felt your anxiety level going high.

What does he wanna talk about?

You stood up and walked towards him, lowering your head. You felt the need to show him more respect since he's not just a merman but a prince.

"Why are you avoiding me?"he asked which made you look up at him.

"Wait..let me rephrase that"he waved his hands, chuckling.

"Why did you start acting differently?"he asked. You avoided eye contact again by looking at your toes.

"I didn't"you replied. He suddenly placed his finger on your chin and gently moved them upwards to make you look at him. Your eyes widened when he leaned closer to you.

"Is it because I'm a prince?"he asked. You shook your head immediately.

"Uhm..I just-"

"See? You're nervous around me now" he stood up straight, pouting.

"I just wanted to treat you right"you spoke.

"When did you treat me wrong?"he asked, furrowing his eyebrows. You were lost for words and you started fidgeting your fingers.

"I... I made you clean the house and there were times when I got mad at you. Those seashells, I should have stopped you to keep giving me those. I feel bad"you replied.

"So did you just become guilty because now you know I'm a prince?"

"N-no it's not like that! I became guilty about it even though I didn't know what you were"you explained. He suddenly laughed which made you confused.

"I know, Y/n. I'm just kidding. Anyways, you were treating me right all this time so please don't think you weren't. You took care of me"he said with a smile.

"But I don't understand why do you have to act differently towards me" - his expression changed. "We were getting closer a lot better but you suddenly changed when you knew what I really am. You made a boundary between us"he said. His face turned into sad one in which you didn't expect. You didn't know it affected him like this.

"Because you're a royalty... I don't think I should be close to you"you whispered.

"Y/n, I'm still me"he stated, placing his hand on his chest.

"Even though I'm a prince, I'm still Jin. Nothing will change that"he added but the volume of his voice was so soft that you almost couldn't hear it. You don't know why but your eyes suddenly became teary.

He's right though. He's still the Jin that you know. It's just that you knew it recently but he was already a prince all along. Acting differently wasn't necessary at all.

You finally understood fully why his friends are so fond of him. He never brought up his position. He didn't use it to his advantage to make people feel inferior.

"You're right"you chuckled, wiping your tear that was about to fall from your eyes.

"You're still Jin"you said with a smile which made him smile as well. You gasped when he suddenly hugged you.

"Let's still bond like before, okay?"he said as he moved away. You nodded in response.

Your stomach rumbled which made him laugh. Your cheeks turned red due to embarrassment. He kept laughing so you hit his chest playfully, making him groan.

"There's the Y/n I know"he said, ruffling your hair.

"You must be hungry. Let's go to that pancake house where we ate before"he stated and grabbed your hand as you both walk. You couldn't protest anymore because you were really hungry.

"By the way, you may see Taehyung or Jimin more often. I'm just saying in advance incase you get surprised when you see them"he said.

"Why?"

"There's just some things that are going underwater"he replied.

"What is it?"

"It's nothing. I just thought it'd be better if they go here to refresh"he assured, caressing your hand.

"Also, don't trust other mermans that you may encounter except from Taehyung and Jimin"he warned.

"Why? What about Jungkook?"you asked.

"There are mermans that are not good so you better stay away from them and Jungkook is a human already. He's trustworthy as well"he chuckled.

"Oh right I forgot"

You don't why he was telling you that but you just nodded. You were thinking it has something to do about what he told you before. You remembered he told you that sirens are harmful. You didn't wanna ask much further since he looked like he doesn't wanna talk about it.

"I wanna try the apple pancakes"he blurted which you find cute.

"As you wish, my prince"

A/n:
Hi again! Surprise~~ A double update cuz why not? 🥴 I'm just in the mood so yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
I hope you liked it ❤️
Don't forget to vote!