The Mistake

Just a little side warning, this is gonna be a kind of sad

Bell Cranel, your average run of the mill farm boy. His childhood isn't what you would call nice and perfect. After his grandpa died the other kids his age kept on making fun of him, the older townsfolk tried to comfort him but it made him feel even more bad. It made him feel weak and useless, he still blames himself for his grandpa's death to this day, once bell turned 15 he decided to set out for the city of Orario. He wanted to honor his grandpa's wish of being an adventurer, but to be completely honest Bell didn't like the idea.

Time Skip - 7 Months
It had been 7 months since Bell left his old town, during that time he managed to meet a nice goddess and plenty of nice friends, he finally had a new start. After that 7 months his growth as an adventurer was higher than others, in just a matter of weeks he became a level 2, then after some time he eventually became a level 3. The list goes on and on until he eventually became level 4. Currently he is a mid level 4 and the first person in the world to level up this fast. His familia was tasked to join the Loki Familia in their mission to check out an abandoned town that had reported sightings of Evilus.

"Bell are you ready to join your first mission?" A short blond asked

"Yes!" Bell said, "thank you for letting us join your mission Finn"

"It's not a problem Bell" Finn said, "us captains are supposed to stick together right? Let's lead our familia's to victory okay?"

"Finn is so cool!" Bell said, "okay, we'll follow your lead Finn"

"Very well Bell" Finn said, "Bete you scout for any reinforcements" Bete nodded reluctantly and went off to find a good scouting position.

"Everyone let's move in, but keep your eyes open" Finn said, "we want to see what they are up to"

"Okay" they all replied while they followed Finn's lead. They made their way down to the fortress and heard screams coming from a near by window, Finn peeked in to see that they were experimenting on themselves. It looks like they were attempting to use monster dna with human dna.

"W..What's that?" Bell asked in a disgusted tone, why would people attempted to do such monstrous things to themselves.

"I think I'm gonna be sick" Gareth said as he stepped away from the window.

"Let's go" Finn said, "we have to see what else they are doing" he said as he continued to make his way to the back of the fortress. The rest of the group followed.

As they made their way to the back they found a small entrance to crawl through, once they made it inside Finn split them all into teams. Finn and Riveria was group 1. Ais and Tione was group 2. Gareth and Tiona was group 3. Welf and Lili was group 4. Mikoto and Haruhime is group 5. Bell and Lefiya was group 6. Everyone went ahead leaving Bell and Lefiya behind.

"Lefiya, we should check out this room" Bell said, "it looks like a sort of prison. Maybe we can find survivors" he said as he went ahead, while Lefiya followed behind.

"Lefiya, what do you think would happened to those people?" Bell asked, Lefiya stayed quiet. Some guards passed by and Lefiya quickly put a hand over Bell's mouth and pushed him against the wall so that they wouldn't be caught.

"H..Human, you almost got us caught" Lefiya whispered in frustration, it took them a minute to realize position they were in, "h..human, i..if you tell anyone about this, I will hunt you" she said

"Y..Yes" Bell manage to say before hearing a faint sound coming from a nearby room. He quietly made his way to the room and what he saw in there broke him to pieces.