Argonaut Continued

Narrator

The fool. The clown. The Hero of the Beginning. Argonaut dreamed of being a hero, and a hero he was. He wasn't smart, no, he was a fool. He wasn't strong, no, he was a clown. But he was indeed worthy to be called a hero.

The Argonaut died shortly after he was named the 'hero of the beginning', his story may have came to an end, but his comedy had just begun. In a new world with familiar faces, he's determined to set out once more to become the fool that this world needs, and maybe make some jokes along the way.

Join Bell Cranel, the Argonaut, the fool, the clown, whatever he's called, on his comedy. Who knows, maybe down the road it'll change into a romcom...

Is it wrong to be a comedian in the dungeon

Bell's grandpa had died, it seemed to have taken a toll on Bell. He decided to make his way to Orario, a famous city that his grandfather had promised to take him.

Around the same time, Bell had also been getting visions, dreams, of someone. A fool, yet this fool was cunning, a determined soul. He remembered that this fool would always smile. He always had some sort of smile plastered across his face, no matter the situation. Heart break? he'll smile. Danger? He grins. Death? He laughs.

No, he wasn't a fool, this was the Argonaut, the hero he had always wanted to be.

But Bell wasn't this fool, he was far from him. He wasn't as strong, he wasn't as cunning, he couldn't even be considered brave. But he was determined, the trait that both of them both had.

Bell got up from his bed, and got ready for another day. He exited the dump that he had known as home ever since he had moved to Orario.

"I wonder which familia I should join," Bell thought, continuing to walk.

"Hey kid, you coming today?" Bell heard someone call out. Bell looked over and saw Mama Mia, she's a dwarf and owned a restaurant, she had been kind to Bell, offering a meal in exchange for doing some chores around the restaurant.

"Maybe, I'm going to try to look for a Familia today," Bell said, with a determined smile.

"Again? You must have applied to almost every Familia by now," Mama Mia said.

"Maybe, but I need to keep on trying," Bell said, "maybe I'll try the Loki Familia."

"Good luck, kid," Mama Mia said, "the door's always opened if you need a place to stay."

Bell nodded, "thank you, I'll be in my way!" Bell said as he took off running towards the Twilight Manor.
.
.
.
"Not happening, kid," one of the guards said, "maybe try again in a couple years when you're taller."

"But I'm really strong, watch me, behold my power," Bell said raising his hand, "come to me, Sword of Thunder!" The guards stared at Bell like he was crazy.

"Uhhh...nice party trick kid, but the orphanage is in Daedalus street," the guard said, "now leave, you're scaring away new recruits."

"I'll be back!" Bell replied, turning his back and leaving.

Bell POV
I honestly didn't know where else to try, I ended up trying to join the Hephaestus Familia, but I wasn't a smith so I was rejected instantly.

"This adventurer stuff isn't as easy as grandpa said it was," I said, sitting by the water fountain. I stared the the adventurers leaving and entering the dungeon with envy, "what am I doing with my life."

I stood up and made my way to Mama Mia's restaurant, today wasn't the day so I might as well help out. I took my usual shortcut, but I felt something off.

"Hey kid, give us your money," I heard a voice call out, I felt a blade touching my back, "don't move and you won't get hurt."

"I don't have any money," I replied. The last thing I remember was falling to the ground and being saved by someone.
.
.
.
Bell woke up in a familiar room, it was one of the rooms in Mama Mia's pub. He immediately sat up and was met by Mama Mia and an unfamiliar woman.

"Careful, Bell, you're in no shape to be moving like that," Mama Mia said.

"What happened?" Bell asked, "oh wait..I was mugged?"

Mama Mia nodded, "you would have been dead too, if it weren't for her," she pointed at the cloaked women, "I'll be going. She has something to talk to you about."

Mama Mia left the room, leaving Bell and this unknown women alone.

"Thank you for saving me, but who are you?" Bell asked, continuing to stare.

The women removed her hood, she has brown hair and red eyes. Her hair is long and messy, almost like a lions mane.

"I'm Athena, and I wish to invite you to my Familia," Athena replied.

"How'd you know I was looking for a Familia?" Bell asked.

"I was watching you for some time now," Athena replied, "I needed to make sure if you were the person that my father spoke of."

"Who's your father?" Bell asked.

"That doesn't matter, all that matters is your answer," Athen replied, "you wish to join a Familia, right? No one will accept you as is."

"Wait wait, this makes no sense," Bell said, "you're just going to accept me into your Familia? Just like that? You don't care if I'm weak?"

Athena shook her head, "I could care less for something so trivial. Strength can be earned through hard work. But a heart as pure as yours, cannot be earned," she moved closer with a more determined look, "now I ask you, Bell Cranel, will you join my Familia?"

"Y-Yes!" Bell replied, tears falling from his face.

Athena smiled softly, "father always mentioned that you were a cry baby."

"Hey! I'm not crying! These are tears of joy!" Bell huffed out.

"Okay okay, you weren't crying" Athena replied, "but let's get started, lay on your stomach so I can give you my blessing."

"Okay," Bell replied, already on his stomach.

Athena poked her finger and let a drop of blood fall onto Bell's back. Although something else happened. Bell had fallen unconscious once more.

In his unconscious state he saw people he didn't know, although they spoke like they had known him for years. He wielded swords that had the power of fire and lighting, and together, it made him unstoppable. He remembered being saved by a princess, when he had thought he was going to be the one to save her. He then remembered going blind.

Bell woke up, this time he was well aware of what happened. What he saw wasn't a dream, no, it was him, when he was known as the Argonaut.

Athena smiled once more, "so you remember?"

Bell nodded, "let the comedy begin!"

AN: I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. I'll still refer to him as Bell for obvious reasons. I mean they are the same person so it wouldn't do any good to do a name change mid sentence.

I'm sure the last sentence was a huge give away, but Bell will be a sort of clown, since that was how he acted in his last life, but reincarnation has a few surprises for our little hero.

(it also says that the clown was a sort of mask, so it's safe to assume that this dude had some depressing backstory prior to being a hero.)

See y'all in the next chapter!