Chapter 40

"He is annoying but, HOOT."

"But?"

Note was curious as to what Owly was going to say. The fact that the young owl stopped eating midway made them know somehow that his words would be more serious than usual.

Owly then with his gaze on all of them bit on another sweet and said,

"After accompanying him for a month and a half already---"

Biting some more making all of them wryly smile.

"I'm sure Naell would never do something that would harm himself or anyone without reason, Ho--- this is very good, HOOT!"

All of them kept straight faces as Owly's words pierced their minds.

Somewhere along the way, each of them at one point had asked those things. Naell truly often portrayed himself as bad, yet he never did hurt anyone up until that incident.

"He's quite reasonable, except for when he's lazy, HOOT."

For them, what Naell did could never be forgiven just by their doubts alone. More so, he never did say his reason, nor really apologize to them for his actions.

Still, they could never imagine Naell being as lazy as Owly described.

Yet they could tell that underneath that gluttonous stomach and cheeky personality, they were certain Owly was a good judge of character as they all thought,

'He is the son of Athena afterall...'

*******

Note and Rizaul had decided to head to a different location and avoid Naell and Owly at that moment.

They were too embarrassed to even greet the two who looked unruly with their HOOTs and FUFUFUs.

"..."

After Naell and mostly Owly had finished eating, (feasting rather) they rested for some hours while drinking hot beverages.

Owly decided to leave Naell and head to the dormitory, as the mage would have to go to his class and take their 1st seasonal exam.

Exams in Esuela Dio sa de are held in the last week in the middle of the three seasons, as most of summer is every school's season of rest.

Examinations would usually last for an entire week, with three exams at maximum being taken per day. Often most students would attempt to finish their first three asap, to leave more room for them to study in the week of their exams.

Upon entering, Naell had noticed that most of his classmates were already seated and studying. Even April, who was often absent in class like him was there.

Seated in the middle were Lesjon Star and his friends, who were all staring at him as he went to the back of the room's corner.

"Is this seat taken?" Naell asked politely, as he noticed April's gaze.

Her orange eyes that were nonchalantly looking at him looked to be annoyed. Nonetheless, she replied briefly and coldly,

"It's not."

Viola noticed Naell as well, but she was busy happily chatting with her classmates.

When Mony entered the classroom, Naell immediately felt the tense atmosphere, as if a lever had been pulled.

He wasn't at all surprised, as even in the novel, EDSD compared to other schools was way more advanced, making it a challenge for most students to pass the examinations.