Chapter 79

As snow crystals and thunder clashed onto each other, the distance between Naell and Lesjon was getting closer.

It was then when both seemed to fiercely force their way through the other's spell.

"Woah..." Namiku murmured, seeing the immense power in their battle.

That was also the first time Lesjon, upon using thunder, managed to be pushed back. Naell likewise got propelled from the clashes of magic. Yet it just solidified the fact that both of them had met their match.

Marcha who sat next to Noveam and Viola, while watching intently asked,

"Wait...Shouldn't young master Lesjon be winning? He has a scythe and unlike him, melee range is a weakness for mages..."

Yet none could answer as to why it wasn't the case. Still, their distance narrowed.

While Lesjon was the one initiating a melee fight, Naell who was keeping some distance at first, with open arms, was now more welcoming of the shortening range.

The clash of the two mages caused shockwaves of snow and blaze to scatter across the field. It was seemingly harmless as by the time they reached a distance, they had already neutralized each other perfectly.

Yet still, the eerie sound each impact produced made the audience tremble. It only showed just how much power both mages had.

Viola kept her focus on the battlefield before her eyes widened as she replied to her friend. She still wasn't sure but perhaps she caught a glimpse of the answer to their unconventional exchange.

"Watch Naell, Marcha." She said, admiring the plethora of spells and incantations that had already been shown on the arena.

[ Blazing Current ]

[ Homing Sleets ]

[ Cumulonimbus ]

[ Glacial Sigh ]

It was then when Rizaul spoke of the reason; his eyes were, afterall more keen compared to most.

"Naell has exceptional cast time and control, and ice is an element that's proficient in subduing movement."

"Even I wouldn't run head on at Naell." Note added on to which Rizaul nodded as he continued,

"Lesjon would be frozen from head to toe if he carelessly approached Naell--- and Naell would be burnt to a crisp if he doesn't halt the thunders with his ice and snow."

"..."

"...A stalemate huh..." Utua muttered. From the otherside of the stadium, the princess and her friends were also discussing the duel.

"But not for long." As Septh replied, the intense showdown frighteningly grew more powerful.

As if on cue, the deciding move that told the tale of Naell and Lesjon's first bout, occurred once more, only this time, far stronger.

It was no secret that Lesjon's spells had improved and greatly changed, yet it was at the cost of a hefty usage of mana.

No matter how powerful the young master of Star was, even he would feel the need to end that battle of endurance quickly from the likes of Naell.

"...Pure white mana really is tough." He muttered to himself.

Still, he smiled and with his eyes shining ever so brightly he added on,

"I couldn't afford to underestimate you cousin. I did say our next bout wouldn't be a draw."

He paid no mind to how Naell was turned to the ground, silently and seemingly casting several layers of magic protection on himself.