Chapter 58

The whole Beryldot estate was in for a celebration. Crowds gathered at the park with all the snow yet the warmth from the festive mood erased the coldness from everyone.

Some were dancing to the music that bards were playing, some were drinking and eating heartily with their friends and family.

Still there were some, actually just one who was still in his bed in the afternoon. HOOTs he heard, knocks he feigned ignorance on, yet as lazy as he was, he could never ignore the pout of his little sister.

''Please give me an hour to prepare, dear sister.''

Naell tried to negotiate with Lily, yet his slothful appearance as he slowly tried to sit on his bed failed to please her.

''Half an hour, HOOT.''

Naell tried to smile his best when he heard Owly's reply. He had noticed from her gaze alone that Lily was quite mad. Her brown eyes that often held a warmth, was by then piercing cold, a gaze he was familiar with from his very own reflection.

''Owly, you see I still nee---''

''Half an hour dear brother, I'll see you outside.'' Said Lily with the softest tone she could give.

It had already been two days since Naell promised to go out with his sister. In those days she truly tried her best to stay patient.

Yet when Owly told of Naell's tendency to never leave his bed, plus when Lebrut and the knights confessed her brother's activities in Taglagas, only then did Lily's patience finally wear out.

Of course both their parents and even Sebastian could only smile sardonically at Naell's way of vacation. That was why when they heard Lily had enough of it, they were delighted deep inside.

As to not ruin further the image he had built until now, Naell prepared himself quickly. He wore a simple white shirt underneath a well designed coat which was a gift from Lilia.

The crystalized snow sigil was embedded on the left side of the coat's chest area. It was colored white which illuminates from the blackness of the coat.

He did try to comb his bed hair, but to no avail, his hair stood awkwardly, seemingly curlier than usual. To top it all off, his only motivation was to appease his sister and with that, he walked.

''Sorry to keep you waiting.'' Naell said to the displeased kids.

''Took you long enough, HOOT!'' Replied Owly sharply. It was apparent that Lily was still mad at him for forgetting his promise.

''But first, dear sister please forgive me, I'll make it up to you starting today.''

In response, Lily said, offering a pinky promise to his face.

''No take backs?''

''I promise.''

With that, Naell managed to reconcile with his now smiling sister.

The laughter and joyous ambiance filled the area in which they walked.

'I expected a crowd... but this is too many people.' He thought while smiling and nodding to the ones who greeted them.

They then visited the Sunheart's couple who were quite busy with their stall.

They were selling what they called "the radiant soup". Upon sipping, Naell, Lily and Owly agreed with the name as they felt their body being energized.

''Surprised, aren't you kids? Said Drew with a grin. He noticed how the trio's eyes widened in surprise.

Not only was it delicious, but they knew somehow it was healthy. Therefore the trio nodded as Drew began explaining that its main ingredient was ginger.