Chapter 54

"Ughhh..."

Naell's stomach grumbled after tasting another herb. Even Owly, who was known for his appetite, was unable to withstand the sheer volume of the herbs they drank.

At first, he and Owly both enjoyed the calming taste and scent of each and had even declared,

"This is the life!"

Yet after drinking, and drinking, and drinking some more, they could no longer enjoy the said life.

"No more, HOOT." Owly's pitiable plea was acknowledged by Naell but only momentarily.

Even though they stopped, both were stubborn enough to actually finish all of it. All that's left was to finalize their test.

Based on magic alone, both of them were impressed with the herbs' healing properties.

Of course, the owl had to lecture Naell on what and how to determine each healing property from mana, but not before resting for a while.

"As you might know there are properties revolving around the world within mana and aura, HOOT."

Owly sat at the coffee table, flapping his wings expressively while he spoke. His often glutinous eyes were sharper than usual, making Naell remember how golden it truly was.

Naell then nodded as he added on,

"Yet only mages and martial artists can determine those properties."

With a soft long hoot, the owl then replied,

"Even so, not every mana or aura user has the capability to determine all the said properties, since some also lack the qualifications, HOOT."

Upon hearing those words, Naell was then confused. His face asked Owly for a clearer explanation, to which the owl replied,

"The purity of one's mana cores or the deepness of one's aura."

Naell could only "ahhh" as he smiled awkwardly at Owly's scrutinizing eyes. He should have already known what the owl was talking about, yet the thought had escaped his mind.

Owly understood since Naell's core was as pure as it could get. There were times where the thought of limitations on others was nonexistent to him.

As for the reason why, it was because Naell only experienced having no mana for a few days, yet in possessing the purest of mana, it had already been months.

Naell also recalled the lecture he had with Sebastian, which only made him more apologetic. Owly with a HOOT of understanding continued explaining once more.

"Still, other than how we know there are properties, we know nothing, HOOT."

Naell understood that even the smart bird would find it hard to explain things outside the world of arts and magic.

Mundo, unlike earth who took great leaps in the field of science, was certainly more accustomed to otherworldly matters. Yet Naell, as someone who had lived in both worlds, had already weighed down the pros, cons, and similarities within the two.

"I'm sure those properties are born having mana or aura, HOOT."

Nonetheless, Naell was impressed with Owly. Even if the owl relied and lived off magic, he knew the gist of the said properties.

"In other words, the properties are neither mana or aura."

Owly scoffed at Naell's answer with his cheeky smile since it was correct.