Chapter 52

"Why are we even doing this, HOOT?" Asked Owly as he hid inside of Naell's coat.

That day, both Naell and Owly were outside Taglagas. Ever since becoming rich, it was the first time they went outside to do some missions.

The scenery in the Grassy pond was by no means green. Instead, the pond was frozen, and snow that seemed endless had buried the trees and grass in white.

The hills that stretched as far as isolating the Grassy pond from the forest of Alawenta were covered with thick layers of snow.

Owly was surprised since it was Naell who initiated to go out. He could only HOOT in despair at the said herb gathering quest.

Under normal circumstances, the young owl would have no qualms in going. Yet since he hated the cold of winter, he simply wanted to hide and laze around in bed.

Now there they were outside the comfort of their blankets, still arguing while picking herbs.

"I told you Owly, once in a while we need to take a mission, otherwise we'll lose our job."

He then added on with a cheeky grin on his face,

"The Adventurer's guild has a policy and the right to seize one's membership. This being due to members not taking any quests for a long period of time."

"I hate you, HOOT."

"You're too cold~"

"..."

Owly wasn't even in the mood to refute that pun. Sensing that, Naell continued.

"An easy job has begun flocking with requests and no one has bothered to accept it."

"There's a reason no one wishes to enter said park under this condition, HOOT..." He refuted while refusing to come out from his coat, yet his head popped out here and then just to instruct him.

"Well said. Luckily, I could train my "Laziness" as you call it and your body to regain its resistance to snow, Owly."

"..."

Lastly, for some reason, Naell knew of Athena's regret (she told him) which was her inability to adapt Owly's untrained body to their natural habitat.

"Be quick about it then--- Don't pluck that one that's just ordinary grass, HOOT!"

"The payment is good and probably no monsters to subdue. Just a walk in the park."

"Are you even listening to me, HOOT!"

They then pressed onwards and continued to gather herbs. Secretly, the young owl, under all his grumpy attitude, was impressed with Naell.

The young master of Beryldot could move the snow without harming the plants hiding underneath it.

Naell too was impressed with Owly's expertise to identify herbs. Truth be told, it was the young owl who gave him the idea for this mission.

There was a time in the canteen where Owly, in his most boisterous form, told them that he knew how to identify edible herbs, fruits, and vegetables.

"Them" being the protagonist party hanging out with Naell. Ever since he saved Viola, they would often pop up to converse, much to his dismay.

Owly would then smile and look at him pitifully, a face that made it apparent that the young owl was enjoying it.

Of course Naell had no problem with them anymore, aside from him and Rinca still being immensely awkward.

Still, he did not wish to be with them very often. He knew from the novel they often invited trouble or what he called heroic deeds.