Chapter 53

Hello everyone! We'd just like to thank all of our patrons that have continued to support us this far.:

Alexis, Danielle Warvel, Mr Ove, Mordie, Jacarya Robinson, Graeme Kent, Bonobo, Evelyn Antoinette, Brandon LeBoeuf, Ur Dad, Kayden, Kristian Oinonen, ghost750x, MrPotatoman, Marcus Jean-Louis, Tyler H, Beldium, la gh, colin love,Jerry Chen, Chloe, Wat WOT, LapisLazuli, foxx cowan, Konstantinos AT, JD, ToadSage

Thank you all so much and we hope you all enjoy this chapter ^^

---------

"Are you alright now, HOOT?"

After the battle, Owly tried to fix the damages done by the Yetis. All the while Naell rested, clearly tired from releasing his mana.

"Yeah, I'm fine now. More importantly, did you harvest a lot of the herbs that I listed?" Asked Naell, pretending to be more exhausted than usual.

He disliked inequality but in that moment, free labour (from the bossy owl) was a chance worth taking.

"Well, the amount has lessened but yes we have a lot, HOOT." Replied Owly, who turned to the abundance of herbs in confusion.

Naell simply responded with a nod, and was apparently deep in thought.

This only puzzled Owly even more, so with scrutinizing eyes he flew to his face and asked,

"What's your purpose really, HOOT?"

"...What do you mean? Clearly the commision."

Naell's hesitant response only made him more suspicious. On the other hand, Owly knew he wasn't greedy enough to risk his life for nothing.

So with a fluffy feathered slap to the other's head, the young owl added on,

"The amount we have now is far more than what the guild requested, HOOT!"

Naell scratched his head, slightly regretting his words. Wryly he smiled, still too embarrassed to spew out his intentions.

His behavior did not escape the owl's keen eyes, and so he pushed further with a preemptive HOOT of victory.

"I know you well enough to see that you are hiding something noob, HOOT!"

Naell could only sigh in defeat. He regretted underestimating Owly, yet even more so did he regret once blurting out the word noob.

So with a soft sigh, Naell finally gave in and replied,

"Problems arise if no one will get these herbs."

Owly went silent for a minute, and then it hit him, the problem Naell was talking about.

Naell then added on seeing the young owl's reaction.

"Taglagas and Beryldot are both faring well, unlike the other villages."

Owly then nodded. It was no secret that life in winter was far harsher than in the other seasons.

In truth, Naell felt a knot in the pit of his stomach upon hearing the condition of the other villages.

He'd recall how back on Earth, he would often frequent local establishments in his province due to his research.

In turn, he grew fond of small villages as the people were often kind enough to even give him food.

In his observation, both earth and Mundo were the same in this aspect; rural areas were far less established than the urban places, thus medicine was immensely lacking.