Chapter 25

All of them were familiar with the young master of Beryldot.

As Rinca's cousin, Note Raal inevitably heard things about Naell, yet he couldn't care less until he met him far back.

In his mind, some rumors were true, as the young master of Beryldot was indeed unsociable; far different from the joyful extroverted Note.

Namiku Asuna, who was both a childhood friend of Rinca and Note, heard only rumors about her friend's fiance. Nevertheless, when she heard of the harassment and how Naell had slapped Rinca, she strongly decided in her head that he was an awful guy.

For Rizaul Kekoy who was raised in the Beryldot estate, the half-elf became friends with the old Naell. Yet after the tragedy, their friendship did not last as the young master had secluded himself from everyone.

As for Andrew Sunheart, he and Naell were also childhood friends, but similar to the half-elf's situation, he was cast out. Before he could even reach out to the young master, their friendship was already beyond repair.

On the other hand, Viola Lumiheal was from another estate when her only living relative, a kinder and older cousin decided to move and work in the Beryldot Hospital. There they got acquainted with the lovey-dovey doctors, and their son, Andrew.

Viola had always found Naell's presence intimidating, but she knew he mostly isolated himself from others. That was why, she was somewhat surprised when Naell all of a sudden became violent.

Among all of them, Rinca Arigare was the only one who truly tried to understand Naell. That was why she was really pained when he had changed. She tried, yet the harassment he had done to Viola, and the slap she received, were things she could never forgive.

She would sometimes recall how Naell, back when Alicia was still alive, was a silent yet charming kid. He wasn't the most cheerful, yet he was very gentle beneath his mysterious smile.

Going back, their surprised faces did not last for long as they nonchalantly nodded. Rizaul's reactions were plain, Andrew was smiling awkwardly, Viola was half-concerned, and Rinca was half irritated, yet overall, they were slightly indifferent with the news.

*******

The canteen was full of students when they arrived, but it was still big enough to accommodate a lot of the other students. It wasn't really unusual as it occupied a big space on the first floor of the main building.

As they were seated, Namiku and Note were still surprised to see how they reacted. The princess couldn't handle their reactions, so she asked while still flabbergasted,

"Aren't you all a bit--- not surprised?"

.

.

.

All of them knew of Naell's late awakening due to Andrew's parents and Rizaul's teacher. Even his enrollment as a mage, and the simple rumors surrounding Naell were not new news for them.

"Well.... we've all heard." Andrew then explained how his parents often wrote him letters about Naell in particular,

"I hope all of you may forgive him, and trust your own judgment without prejudice of the past."

Your mom who dearly loves you,

Andrea Sunheart

P.S. Dad is also here!"

Andrew could not help but feel uneasy when they read the letters. All of it contained affectionate words from his parents, but he could not refuse the pleading Viola.