Chapter 75

Because of the intense fight they had all just witnessed, the other competitors were all heated up, particularly the protagonist's party.

From Rizaul's loss yet limitless potential, to Viola's power-bout with Aive Noeadia, and lastly to Andrew's drawn-out battle, all had managed to leave an impact on everyone in the arena.

[ Those students really are something! ]

Shouted several guests and teachers alike as they watched.

"Heh, too bad..."

Yet unlike the onlookers, a few hooded beings were fascinated knowing a storm was to arrive upon those very same students.

"Guys, here!" Namiku cheerfully said upon spotting the half-elf and lilac-haired friend of hers.

Excluding Andrew who was still in the infirmary, the protagonist's party who had all finished their respective battles, were now planning on watching the upcoming matches.

"We're back." Said Viola who wanted to happily wave at them, yet as her body was in so much pain, she refrained from doing so.

In Viola's bout, although she won against the young miss of Noeadia, she suffered greatly from the aftermath.

From the moment it started, she and Aive immediately showcased their power and ability.

Aive Noeadia wielded a unique weapon that encompassed her grace as a noble; two fortified fans embedded with the incredible artistry of her hometown.

With its ridges intricately curved in a way that allowed her to release heavy aura with ease. Its handle was blunt and made of heavy ores, and its thick wing-like leaves were even made to be retractable, giving her a flexible line of defense.

Due to that, Viola's magic was either reflected by the fan's leaves, or erased altogether by Aive's aura.

Yet likewise, none of Aive's attacks could actually make its way to Viola, as her sheer prowess was just that immense as it was reflective.

The fierce battle between light magic and chaotic aura ensued, with every moment seemingly consisting of one trying to devour the other.

Both of their powers were known as representatives of strength, and truly neither managed to disappoint.

All of their clashes were to assert their dominance. Yet even though both of their power levels were equally matched, hints of disparity could still be seen.

To compare, Viola's light magic was faster, yet Aive's chaotic aura was much more flexible.

With that, both of them relied on that spectrum of weakness, till eventually, Viola's faster ability and experiences triumphed in the end.

"Congratulations on your win."

"I..."

"It's not a bad feeling losing to the so-called student of Andrea."

"Well done." Said Namiku to both of them, all the while Rinca who sat beside her, nodded in affirmation.

Yet Rizaul only smiled at them and sat despondently, in turn causing his friends to take notice and comfort the depressed half-elf.

"Cheer up, Riz. You know I might be your opponent next year. We'll get to beat each other up by then!"

Said Note who forced optimism as the person who wasn't even allowed to participate.

Rinca however, who had shared the same fate as Rizaul, at the very least did not share his sentiment. Unlike him, she was truly content with the outcome of her loss against Namiku, and it showed as she hummed a tune and smiled to herself--- an act that was unbecoming of her character.