Chapter 101

"..."

Upon hearing the reason for which he was brought there, Naell grew annoyed. The Yetis he fought while picking some herbs a while back were quite troublesome afterall.

That was why in the first place, he reported it to the guild so they could sort it out. Yet that decision came biting back, as inevitably the quest fell on him.

'That Loknar must be grinning right now.' Naell thought as he trudged upon the dewy forest. Quickly he coated his shoes with magic to avoid letting the moist ground drench the soles of his feet.

'Should I just freeze this all up? I mean they keep calling me frosted anyway.'

"..Don't you dare noob, HOOT.."

"What?" Asked Naell as he heard Owly, the young owl was also looking at him slightly perturbed.

Owly in a way knew what his lazy friend was thinking, and it was truly the nonsense he guessed. Thus he refrained from explaining further and chose to focus on their job.

Soon the young owl flew off, letting Naell be left on the ground with more of his rubbish thoughts.

Presently, after the Guild leader's summary of the mission, the duo went to the outskirts of the village where the supposed reappearance of the Yetis was seen.

In truth, although the Guild assumed it was the Yetis, at that moment Naell and Owly grew more dubious the further along they went.

This is way too close, considering they launched onto us when we were miles away. -

Although Naell could feel remnants of some aura close by, he could not pinpoint if it really was them.

By now, they would've surely attacked, HOOT. -

Owly's sentiment was indeed the same. Even whilst he was searching for clues up in the air, he could only feel low-rank monsters and beasts alike, scattered throughout the nooks and crannies of the forest of Alawenta.

There was no longer even a hint of the aura they experienced back then.

Well, I can't remember much, HOOT. -

Naell nodded in response. He knew what Owly was referring to, and considering the aura appeared within Alawenta and near the village, there were only two options.

One is that this is a different monster, HOOT. -

... The other is that they've evolved further. -

Both wanted to believe neither of their guesses to be true. However, it was still a known fact that the ones who commissioned them- the two scholars from Esquel Co., were missing.

These were the scholars who were investigating the Yetis beforehand, yet since their disappearance, the guild's quarters grew busy trying to find them.

As for Naell and Owly, their jobs were to investigate the Yetis and report if they found anything regarding the whereabouts of the scholars.

For hours they walked, and only then did they detect a sudden strong aura that alerted their senses. Yet it disappeared as quickly as the piercing wind that brushed against their shoulder.

However, that was enough for them, as immediately and without hesitation, Naell and Owly ran to the location.

As they rushed through bushes and wild flora, they came across a hidden area, stopped in their tracks, and were only dumbfounded by what they saw.