Vol. 6 Epilogue

In the blink of an eye, the season of summer officially took over Mundo, with the educational institutions of every nation ending their school year.

This also meant that by morning, the familiar summer heat had already begun permeating the air. Although the continent of Winter and the northern portion of the Autumn Kingdom would remain fairly cold, the other countries would feel the season's warmth in its entirety.

Such was especially the case for the continents of Summer and Spring, where the heat annoyed the citizens as it caused them to sweat from head to toe. Even monsters who had more advanced thermoregulation adapted to the heat by mostly hunting at night.

That was why the Autumn Kingdom found itself with an influx of tourists at such times. Unlike the Continent of Winter which didn't appreciate foreigners in its midst, and Awdita, the Kingdom of Elves that didn't really open their gates to just anyone.

Nonetheless, for the duo, Naell, and Owly, the heat was of no concern to them at all. Perhaps it was because one of them had a continuous source of coldness, or perhaps the fact that they were on their way back to Beryldot.

Both were in such a pleasant mood that even Naell was comfortably resting without his usual nausea from traveling.

However, a long trip was still a tedious one making Owly quite bored. Hence he inevitably opened the window of the carriage to sight the scenery, making the air inside somewhat cozier.

Yet that only bothered Naell due to the light as he said, "Close the window Owly."

"Why? You can't even feel it, HOOT."

"It's the light..."

"Then just close your eyes, HOOT." Responded Owly nonchalantly as he pecked some watermelon seeds little Anna gave them.

"Only if you'll close your bea—"

By then, they were on the outskirts of Taglagas, accompanied by Lieutenant Dikolam and his subordinates. With a helmsman driving the carriage, and three horsemen accompanying them, the journey was quite easy ignoring the distance.

It was two days ago when Dikolam and co. arrived in Taglagas. They went directly to the Beryldot mansion to greet Butler Lebrut.

The second thing Dikolam wanted to do was to hang out with Naell and Owly, yet he knew both were at EDSD preparing for the end of the school year.

As a result, knowing he also was solely responsible for preparing and leading the travel back to Beryldot, Dikolam settled with the decision to start planning while he had the time to do so.

Little did he know, the duo really was just lazing around, and had he announced his early arrival, Naell and Owly would have made their way to the mansion without worry.

Of course, the two visit the mansion from time to time, especially to hang out with Lebrut. Yet often, they'd find themselves too engrossed with their books, the food at school, and even their mere sleeping position.

.

.

.

As evening came, they all decided to head to a small village and rest. It was still miles away from Beryldot, but one could already see the Dukedom of Mard from that distance.

For some reason, Naell still felt awkward going to that place. Although he and Rinca already made up for their troubling past, he felt it was not up to him but for the old Naell to actually bury the hatchet.

Not to mention, there might be nobles who held grudges against him, hence he decided to stay in the small village where only one inn was available.

Just at a glance, one could see that it was more like a barn as only farmers lived in the area. Yet anyone could see how virtuous the Dukedom was as several knights were stationed throughout, effectively protecting the area from monsters and bandits alike.