Chapter 28

The forest of Lagupa--- located at the Kingdom of Autumn and the entrance to the tribe of Pegasus.

Upon reading those words, Naell immediately remembered an issue that could happen at the end of Volume four.

'The forest will be captured by an awakened Golem.' Naell thought as he was still at bed reading.

He was still too lazy to get up as the cozy feeling of reading while laying down was the greatest source of relaxation for a guy like him.

Days were getting colder as the season of Fall began stirring cold air, essentially bidding the summer goodbye.

"Ah, hey Owly--- could you deliver this letter to the Adventurer's guild?" Said Naell after poofing out a piece of paper and pen before writing with his magic.

Quickly the letter began forming words while the pen started working seemingly on a whim. Naell watched, only forming words in the air with his index finger as the pen seemed to copy his movement.

"Fine, don't eat all the food, HOOT."

"What food?"

"The food that you will be treating me with because of this errand, HOOT."

"..."

'I guess that's fine as long as we'll be safe from those demons.'

Naell wasn't entirely sure of the contents of Volume four as he did fail to reach the ending. Yet he knew that Taglagas and the tribe of Pegasus suffered greatly from that demon invasion.

For him, the safety of his family in Mundo, and of course himself, was a top priority. War in the Kingdom they resided in would surely affect their livelihood, and that was why he knew it was better to tattle it out.

'Besides, even if they were to investigate, I'm sure it'll be after the fogging incident.'

"By the way, make it anonymous." Naell added on, hoping to make sure his kind warning would not come back to haunt him later on.

"Okay, HOOT!" Puffed Owly who quickly took off before Naell could even say, close the window, it's cold.

*******

• Are you sure it is okay for you to be here? HOOT. •

Telepathically asked Owly, as he and Naell were having some cookies and tea inside the library.

Yet upon closer look, it was actually Owly who was eating all the food, as Naell was busy reading leisurely.

Owly returned faster than what Naell had anticipated, and as a result, he wasn't really that ready to venture outside their room.

Luckily, the young owl was cooperative, only requesting the young mage's promised reward to be much larger than the initial agreement.

• It is fine, the school's policy stated so. •

Replied Naell who was also training his magic. It was barely noticeable, yet Naell's white hair was fluttering due to his mana circling around his body.

The young owl could only gaze dubiously at Naell. Over the course of them being together, both of them had learned many things they liked and disliked from one another.

One of which was a moment like that, where Owly could really feel that the young master of Beryldot was in his relaxed state.

The little owl by then knew that Naell was quite smart and capable as a mage, yet his lack of will to work and waste energy often pulled him back towards idiocracy.