Chapter 95

.

.

.

"Here, Naell." Said Rinca as she handed the other a cup of coffee.

"Thank you."

By then, Naell and Rinca were all alone in that manor's living room. Yet far from being awkward with one another, their camaraderie had finally shone through.

The two had grown accustomed to the silence they brought to the table. Afterall, both of them had always been known to be nobles of few words.

Yet occasionally a random thought would be laid out for them to converse about, with the warm comfort of their drinks being there to ease their way into a greater conversation.

Rinca was the first to start. She spoke with a calm voice while swirling a teaspoon of sugar into her cup,

"Owly's quite fond of your sister isn't he?"

Naell nodded as he happily took a sip from his cup,

"Indeed he is. May I ask what brought it up?"

"Well, seeing them play so energetically reminds me that Owly really is still young." She replied, before bringing her own caffeine-filled cup to her lips.

Rinca's words were brief, and ended as quickly as it began. It was likely any other stranger would struggle to converse with the young lady.

Yet as she glanced at the young master, what greeted her were calm red eyes paying no mind to her blurted thoughts. Naell then said,

"Well, even I forget the bird's technically a toddler..."

He then sipped,

"It's times like these where..."

And sipped once more,

"...I almost feel guilty for bullying him so much."

That caught Rinca in surprise, and immediately, it brought forth a slight laugh from her.

After a while, the sound of the wind, with the soft breeze and peaceful chirps, was all one could hear. Only then did another thought emerge, and this time, it was coming from Naell.

"Great weather isn't it?"

Seeing as he was completely serious, Rinca couldn't help but giggle yet again. She somehow anticipated he would say that at one point.

Taking one long look, Rinca replied with a hint of amusement,

"It seems the young master is not an expert in this field."

Naell smiled in response, raising his gaze to let their eyes meet. Finally, with the cheekiest tone he could muster, he then replied,

"You're no better young Miss."

The two awkward potatoes then went on to further laugh and enjoy their afternoon coffee party. Unbeknownst to them, the rest of their friends were already having a blast as well.

Andrew at that moment was enjoying the soothing day with his mom, Andrea. Both had been leisurely strolling in the garden, chatting the day away as they had a lot of catching up to do.

Meanwhile, the rest of their friends, Note, Namiku, and Rizaul, toured Lily around the town together with the knights of Beryldot.

Naell also wanted to go, but after much bantering with Owly, they decided to split their jobs; one would tour Lily whereas the other would remain at the mansion to help the family get familiar with the house and its servants.