Vol. 8 Prologue

Far across Mundo and onto the other side of the world—in what most would call the hottest continent right now, a group of heroes is valorously facing their mission head-on.

"Careful, don't let them flank us." Said Note Raal, the taffy-haired lad of the protagonist party. He had been dubbed the Platinum Knight and was currently deflecting several attacks on his side.

Many things had happened since then; from getting acquainted with the two named scholars, meeting the guardian of speed, finding out Rizaul was a pupil, traveling to the Eastern Continent, meeting the emperor, to being granted a passage to the lair of dragons.

Their adventures were always new and refreshing, yet even so, regardless of how they were all having fun, all of these were rooted in the fact that they wanted to save Mundo.

Even now, when they were on their way to rest, the protagonist party had helped a group of traveling merchants from being attacked by bandits.

"I think these people are pirates." Said Rinca Arigare, one of the aura users in their party and the ex-fiance of Naell Beryldot.

She made those claims upon seeing their apparel, as their garments seemed far from what most wore in the Eastern Continent. They were also near the oceans, explaining where those people came from with no establishments in sight.

Not to mention, it was quite a common occurrence to have pirates migrating in masses, especially in times of war where any kingdom was facing vulnerabilities.

That was why the merchants were quite lucky as the situation was quite troubling with pirates that are capable of overpowering them with numbers. If it weren't for the fact that they encountered the protagonist party, they'd have suffered quite the loss by now.

And sure enough, the pirates were swept by Rinca's pink aura. It seemed her rapier was more than enough to stall five aura users long enough for Rizaul to entrap them with his threads.

"Go now, our friend is a healer." Said Rizaul to the injured ones who thanked him earnestly before going to Viola to get healed.

Rizaul Kekoy, was the half-elf, green-haired lad of the protagonist party, also the current pupil of the Guardian of Speed.

"To think you all have the gall to extort money in this continent!" Annoyed, said Namiku, the princess of the Easterside Empire.

As her fist connected with one of the armed bandits, the force of her anger managed to blow even the nearby accomplices. Thus those who saw the opposing side grew pale in fear of being hit as well.

The pirates could only watch as their numbers dwindled faster than they could imagine.

"You guys said the empire was busy! Why on Mundo is the princess of the empire here then?" The bandit leader could only growl and hastily try to escape his predicament.

Ever since the declaration of war against the pieces of Lucille happened, the outer borders of all kingdoms in Mundo had surges of bandits in their territory.

That included the Easterside Empire, which unlike other kingdoms never had that problem in recent years, hence why Namiku was out for blood.

"And where are you going?" Now, the one who spoke was none other than Andrew Sunheart.

It was at that moment, the bandit leader knew he was in deep trouble. Since the princess of the Easterside Empire was present, he knew of her party and who was currently blocking his way.

He then smiled, arrogantly bluffing through the intimidation he felt, "The magic knight came out to play?"

The party of Andrew Sunheart was quite famous. Not only did they clear multiple dungeons, but they also even managed to foil many advances of the pieces of Lucile.

"Who knew you'd still be here, and I thought I could finally live here peacefully," Sarcastically said the bandit leader as he pointed his heavy sword towards Andrew.

The young adventurer only sighed and unsheathed his own sword, letting the frightening whistle of Gaviarau speak for itself. The subtle crackle of aura traveled along the sword as he gripped the handle.

It was then that Andrew said matter of factly, "Surrender now."

A chill ran across the other bandits' backs as the dark blade reminded them of fear. From what they knew, Andrew's sword could even cut an Imoogi, an A-rank monster that was almost as sturdy as the fearsome wyverns.

Unlike them, the bandit leader only laughed and stretched. Swishing his cutlass theatrically before charging at Andrew.

However, just before he made an impact and launched his attack, he threw one auratic slash before jumping toward the merchant who was being healed by the party's healer.

The bandit leader knew he wouldn't win against Andrew, yet if he could take just one of them hostage, he was certain he could leave this continent.

He was also confident that the party of Namiku had one who didn't actually fight, and that he assumed, was their healer. Although there were rumors saying otherwise, the bandit leader arrogantly thought how baseless those all were.

'There's no way a girl that looks like she couldn't kill a fly would be able to stop me!'

However, as Andrew parried the bandit leader's aura, he only sighed and said pitifully, "That dumbass..."

As fast as the bandit leader landed, a flash of light followed by his mouth frothing occurred before them. As he fell backwards, his eyes were open yet dilated from what they thought was the shock of what occurred to him.

"Ummm, I only used blind but why is he... dead?" Viola said nervously.

Since she knew the bandit leader was trying to approach her and the person whom she was currently healing, Viola cast [ Blind ] a light spell that would from the word itself, make her opponent unable to see if casted successfully.

The protagonist party could only smile dryly. They knew it was because she learned it from Andrew's mother, Andrea, who as a clinician still had spells with questionably violent side effects.

As the bandits either surrendered, fled, or fell, that encounter soon came to pass. By the time Viola was certain anyone that got injured was healed, the protagonist party went on their way with gifts they received from the thankful merchants.

Slowly dawn came upon them with the quiet winds traveling from the coasts. That serene time of the day reminded them of Naell and Owly, as usually they would hear the two banter on the young owl's cravings for dinner.

Yet neither of their friends' voices and teases could be heard that night. They could only wonder what the two could be doing, far in the continent opposite to where they were.