Vol. 4 Epilogue

Within the marbled palace walls of Taglagas, and even further into the King's chambers laid several lifeless beings who dared to threaten the royal family.

"To think we have allowed these kinds of scum to step foot in my house--- our ancestral home." Said the King with a grimace painted on his face.

"It appears this has been a long time in the making, my King." Metero Star said as he looked down upon the bodies before him, some of whom still had the audacity to laugh maniacally in their dying breath.

He then with a glare allowed his mana to flow to his hand, all before giving one final blow to the remaining few.

The situation in the castle had been cleared up with no casualties among the royals. However, some guards were injured by the sudden erratic betrayal of other employees.

"Make sure to check every one of them, lock up all the servants that aren't in their place, and detain all relatives of the assassin!" Ordered the Magic Knight Captain Aestero.

As actions were taken to mitigate the damages within the castle, King Nohad paced his room in doubt, before calling forth the presence of the royal family and other nobles present in Taglagas.

Moments after, the Kingdom's borders were shut to prevent further invasions from the unknown adversary.

"What we do know is that the one responsible for the barrier around the school is the same one who ordered an attack on our King." Said Metero while he waved a letter that he retrieved from the leader of the assassins' pocket.

He then glanced outside and saw the school enveloped in darkness. The King and the other nobles looked as well, with deep fear brewing from their scenery.

Yet King Nohad among all of them felt the most burdens of hopelessness weighing on his shoulders.

As the ruler of the kingdom, he was meant to carry the responsibility of possessing both wisdom and decisiveness, yet in that moment, he was neither.

Likewise, none of them could seem to figure out their enemy's intentions. They were also uncertain on what actions they were to take.

Metero sensing the desperation amid the situation, decided to read the letter out loud,

"Tread with care, Nobles of Taglagas. Lest you desire a field of corpses upon your kingdom, refrain from intervening."

"They claim to be capable of wiping out who-knows how many of our people."

"It may very well be a bluff, sire."

"...And yet, if it is not, is it safe to assume we are facing wielders of destruction magic or aura?"

"Given the size of the high level barrier, I believe it is rather likely."

Their words only brought each other more terror as they all began to manically share the same thoughts within that room.

'A widescale bomb.'

The King clasped his hands together with both eyes shut and sighed to himself. He then with regretful eyes looked to the nobles and leaders before him.

"We are uncertain of the scope of damage they can cover in our Kingdom. Let us first investigate if there's even the slightest hint they are merely giving us a scare."

The nobles nodded, preparing to be dismissed to call for the assistance of scouts and adventurers.

All of them agreed to put on hold the recapturing of the school as they all had reason to believe things would only escalate to a grim situation.