Vol. 7 Prologue

Hello everyone, Ne here! We'd like to give a huge thank you to all our patrons,

juan sandoval, Aly-Bocar Cisse, Arispe Aaron, Vat0si7, Naveen, Matthew Hankins, Zonker Harris, tj oram, KONSTANTINOS ANDREAS THEMAS, LapisLazuli, Tyler H, Payfortunate, Uyr Da, Brandon LeBoeuf, Evelyn Antoinette, Bonobo, Graeme Kent, Mordie, Danielle Warvel.

We appreciate every single one of you who continuously read through our chapters and can't thank you enough for sticking around until now. We sincerely hope you guys enjoy and have a lovely week ahead of you all 

∧,,,∧

( ̳• · • ̳)

/ づ♡

*************************

Bordering the lands of the Eastern and Southern continents, in a forest stretching across the outskirts was a weary Athena- the one who was hailed as the Guardian of wisdom.

Inundated was the only way she could describe herself at the moment. From the hours of fighting, exhaustion was quickly coursing through her entire body. In every instance that she moved her wing, a stinging pain from the soreness would come with it.

As she breathed heavily, even her underlying worries had begun striking her thoughts. One of which was the excruciating thought that her friend, the Guardian of will's sacrifice will all be in vain.

Nonetheless, it was her friend's decision to fend off their pursuers by herself, yet Athena and even the Guardian of speed wanted no more than to decline her offer.

The gravity of the truth they needed to relay to the other guardians was far more important. Hence, after seeing her smile one last time, they heeded her words and made haste

And now, hours had gone by and their pursuers were on their tail yet again.

'If they're already here it means, she has... HOOT!' She tried her best to erase those thoughts. Now, hoping that she was alive was the only thing she could do.

As she stared at the calming night that betrayed the heavy burdens on her shoulders, she smiled weakly and thought, 'At least, I can ask the perpetrators myself.'

There was no doubt Athena's mana was almost depleted from all the running and clashes, and frankly, she questioned if she still had the stamina to fight back.

Had it not been for her immense rage due to a certain discovery, and the hope that the fastest of them could escape, Athena knew she'd have long fainted.

As she sighed, and silently HOOTed on the forest grounds, she began to remember it all too well; the moments long before she realized that they had been betrayed.

Athena, among some of the Guardians of celestials, banded together once more as the lurking darkness, the demon king and right-hand man of Lucile was beginning to show signs of resurrection.

At first, the theory was so catastrophic that no one wanted to believe it, yet upon receiving multiple reports from the Guardian of speed, that was when they all decided to hold a meeting at the Dragons' Lair.

It had been a long time since they all gathered, and from once being called the 12 Guardians of old, their numbers were now too pitiful. Perhaps that was also the reason why they didn't want to gather, as they would often remember their friends, predecessors— masters who'd passed away.

And yet there they were, discussing the possibilities of another demon king rising. Upon their gathering, they connected all the abnormalities; the erratic dungeon spawnings, bandits having unheard powers (and connections), and the Taglagas incident. They all realized how close the evil was to resurfacing around Mundo.