Chapter 51

Dear brother,

Thank you for the flower, it's really pretty! Even grandpa was really happy about it.

"That's my student, hohohO!", he said. It was the first time I saw him so boisterous! ( I heard mom say that hehe )

Thank you for the seeds. You were right when you said the birds would like it. Especially the little birdie I was telling you about, he ate quite a lot. ( they can't wait to see you and Owly )

Actually, all of us can't wait for your return! Especially mom, it seems she's already dreaming about the sweets that you will bring. ( Give me lots okay? )

I asked dad if we could visit you someday, even mom pitched in with the idea. Mom and dad haven't fully decided, but it seems it just might be possible somehow! I'm ready to hear about all your travels when you're home!

Naell's smile was full of warmth. Even though it was the day where he once again needed to wake up earlier than usual, he was really happy.

Once again, Mr. Talus would be arriving at Taglagas which would mean another letter from his dear sister.

Upon washing his face, he then wore an oversized coat covering his pajamas, completely hiding his laziness to wear a change of clothes.

Owly saw him and sighed. He truly was the epitome of laziness. Yet since the owl was still half asleep, he did not bother voicing out his concern.

.

.

.

Upon seeing the busy streets of the business circle of Taglagas, Naell wasn't surprised. Yet he couldn't help but be amazed by the large number of people.

From carriages to peddlers, horses to people, and even merchants to mercenaries were all present at that.

Wagons were lined up with different arrays of things amounting to a large sum of necessities; products to be sold and bought, spices that were rare in small villages, and many more.

There were far more adventurers escorting them than before. Some had a look of experience in their eyes, others were young, not older than Naell, yet several were either distinguishably confident or inexperienced.

Nonetheless, anyone would be intimidated by their numbers alone. To actually try and rob them would be amounting to suicide.

Warriors to mages alike, laughed among themselves. They knew that the first half of their job was done and that of course, the little rest they had would soon be over.

Still, both adventurers and merchants alike admired the city they were in. From the majestic walls covering the whole city, structures that were oozing with wealth, security that easily made them feel safe; All of these and more made them feel a loss for words.

Between the villages, they'd often do business with and their hometown, both were far more simple than the magnificent city of Taglagas. All except Lamasep, a village known as the main trading post of its smaller neighboring villages.

Naell sure did notice all their astonishment, as he was the same. Yet because he had lived on Earth which was far grander than the rustic city, he was only subtly amazed.

Misunderstanding his gaze, Mr. Talus explained as he said,

"Due to winter nearing, those from the villages tend to stock more piles to prepare for the cold nights."

Naell smiled and was lazy enough to not clarify the misunderstanding. Therefore, Mr. Talus continued gazing upon the mercenaries they brought.

"Even bandits are more active until winter reaches its peak. They're very helpful to us who are vulnerable to such thieves."