Chapter 125

"We start now, shall we?" As Husby announced his intentions, he immediately sprinted towards Naell.

That brief moment was accompanied by a flurry of attacks from Wifey, who with her aura yanked and threw projectiles in Naell's direction.

In response, Naell cast his crystallized ice magic and bombarded them with ice javelins.

However, as the ice merely shattered upon impact on the yeti's skin and left no mark whatsoever, Naell was reminded of how durable the duo was.

'Ah right, they're resistant to snow and ice...duh.' Thus he forced his ice javelins to halt, while hovering with his crystalized snow to fall back at a safe distance.

That movement magic made the onlookers gaze in awe. Although Naell had used it fairly often in Taglagas, it was the first time they were seeing it being used like that.

"So it's really true! Brother can fly!" Said Lily in pride, all the while Sebastian was having mixed feelings realizing Naell had seemed to have stepped further ahead of him.

The makeshift arena that was created by Lily and Sestra out of limestones that they procured beforehand, was constantly being repaired by them as well.

Further, a cement-like mixture made by the two of them mixed with Sebastian's water magic allowed the arena to maintain its shape.

And that was the arena wherein the Yeti and Naell were currently fighting.

'To think they've prepared this much...' Naell thought while remembering his forewarnings of potentially damaging the environment (an excuse he said last minute to not start the spar).

Still, as much as Naell admired their planning, he was very dissatisfied with Owly's fool-proof surprise. Then again, he couldn't really think of revenge at the moment since he was busy fending off the attacks of two powerful monsters.

While Husby was still in a distance that was comparably safe for a mage, Naell didn't let himself forget how fast the two were in their previous bout.

And at the very moment that he thought of that, it was Wifey who got closer to him. Coating her fist with aura, she aimed at Naell's body as swiftly as possible.

However, as Wifey was anticipating a hit, Naell disappeared only to reappear behind her, blasting a straight pillar of wind magic. It followed the direction of her punch and caused her to be pulled forward.

As she was being blown away, Wifey was in disbelief as to what had happened, but only the onlookers and Husby saw what transpired.

Just when Naell was about to be hit by her fist, he shattered the snow crystal on his foot to make himself fall. Quickly, it turned into a powder of snow that obstructed Wifey's sight.

And as that happened, she mistook it for teleportation or something else entirely.

The wind pressure increased Wifey's distance with Naell. However, that was not enough to push her out of the arena nor make her fall.

Knowing the conditions to win in their sparring session, Naell was disappointed with his lackluster move, yet he had no room to sulk.

It was afterall their agreement that for the bout to end, the Yeti must hit Naell's mana shield with any attack, or Naell must make one of the Yeti fall on the arena.

Truthfully, as much as he wanted to lose, he wouldn't dare to as he still wanted to look cool for his little sister.

'Gotta act like a big bro.' Naell thought to himself with a now focused expression. That was when the tide of the battle immediately changed.