Chapter 71

Hey guys! Sorry for the long break. 

We're back with the first upload of the year~

Thank you so much for all the support and for sticking around. We hope we can continuously provide all of you with more TNBS chapters this year as well.

May you all enjoy the chapters and have an awesome day!

-------

• You know that's not allowed right, HOOT? •

• Not once did they say it's illegal. •

Replied Naell to the chattering owl that went silent. He smiled seeing how Owly wanted to rebut, yet what he just said truly was a loophole.

• And besides- •

• What, HOOT? •

• Their challengers will have nothing to lose, and will even have a chance to talk to Rinca and Namiku. •

• Scammer, HOOT. •

Naell's triumphant smile was cut short. He truly regretted every second of Owly learning his vocabulary.

Also, he couldn't really focus on their banter as his opponent was already standing infront of him.

He could only gulp and think all the energy he would waste that day was worth it- oh how he wished.

''A sibling fight?" Jested some students to which Note agreed.

Yet when they saw how her eyes lit up for a second, and how her hair became messier as she readied her wand, one by one they kept their mouths shut.

"Thank you for accepting my challenge, young master." Said April Cadar with her signature uninterested eyes.

If one would talk about Naell's demeanor, one would definitely bring her up as his female clone.

What's more, Naell and April both topped their year without even attending the lectures often. That was why it was quite ironic to see they would face each other that day.

"Ha... of course, thank you for your challenge.'' Naell politely replied.

Truth be told, he didn't actually know who he had picked. Many letters were sent to him requesting for a duel.

Instead of reviewing their names, Naell immediately picked three and responded to the date he was available to.

Owly berated him for that saying he might have picked opponents that were far weaker than him, which was clearly against the festival's regulations.

In response Naell just laughed and told him how that regulation was flawed in the first place. Afterall, who even had the right to say that they were below a person after challenging them.

Recalling that scenario caused some heavy reflection in his mind. Yet he knew it wasn't the right time to think about it.

"Mages, begin!"

'I believe her elements are... fire and...?'

His thoughts were interrupted by the sudden cracks under his feet.

'Right... Earth.'

The patch of ground underneath him began shaping like hands to grab him.

In response, Naell quickly levitated backwards, just barely dodging the spell.

Without a second to waste he motioned with his staff and casted [ snowballs ] firing off to April.

She then dodged and casted few spells that caused patches of heat on the ground to appear.