Chapter 102

After their meal, the Yetis guided Naell and Owly alongside the scholars. By then they were on their way to the forest of Alawenta; the place wherein they claimed to have encountered the pieces of Lucile.

"It is nowhere that they came out of... and everyone they thought strong was subdued," Said the one they referred to as Husby.

His crude speech was compensated by his warm uncle-like voice. Yet as he was hairier than Wifey, when it came to their build the two yetis were on equal footing.

"Luckily, able to escape— we hid, and our presence we erase along in the snow." Added Wifey.

For both the massive and intimidating Yetis, the turn of events that fateful day was a memory they wished to bury. Just seeing the forest— the so-called home they abandoned, made them revisit their dreary past.

Not long after, they encountered some monsters, yet their aura and mana alone were enough for the weak ones to scurry away.

Even so, some were still brave enough to lunge into their party mindlessly. However, much to the monsters' dismay, any and all who tried to approach were repelled by a relentless and ever-turning wind magic.

Thus the forest's ambiance was met with the occasional loud shwoof of wind, and the squeals of monsters being hurled away. The one behind it all was none other than Naell, who by now had a much better grasp of his mana. Much to Owly's dismay, he could now use magic lazier than ever.

Currently, he had imbued the exterior of his magic shield with repulsive air similar to that of a reverse tornado or drill-shaped leaf blower.

Visibly, it was quite hard to see. Further, the activation was also innovative as it would only be triggered when Naell would feel a murderous aura or magic around them.

That was why, in the very forest of Alawenta, watchful foes and allies alike were mesmerized and terrified by his prowess.

"Truly a dragon..." Said Wifey while seeing a foe of theirs- a cyclops, bounce off and get thrown into the distant mountaintop.

Ignoring the cyclops' yelp, Naell squirmed upon hearing Wifey's words. Besides the embarrassment of being revered, the frightening image of the powerful dragons seeped into Naell's mind.

He didn't know for certain if those beings would take kindly to hearing a mere mortal be called one of them.

'Dragons are prideful beings, and I really don't want to become dragon fodder...' He thought to himself before saying aloud,

"Uhm... if you look closely I'm no dragon." Said Naell.

Still, his words were quickly rebuked by the two Yetis, [ Not one you are yet, so to speak. Your appearance is human, but your mana is of dragon's. ]

"..."

[ And your eyes, same with the dragon we saw back then... terrifying and cold. ]

The seemingly wordy praises of torture Naell had to endure lasted for a moment. After walking for a while, they arrived in the middle of the forest that had traces of varying inhabitants.

Although appearance-wise, desolated was a fitting word to describe the place; burnt trees wrecked shelters, and cracked lands beheld their sight.

"Sire drag— Naell sire, is this place where they try to capture us before?" Said Husby with pained eyes while glancing around anxiously.

While Naell was distracted thinking of ways to differentiate Husby and Wifey, Owly began his investigation.

Plucking out a feather from his flabby body, he then let it fly into the air, letting a trace of his mana flow from its tip.