Chapter 8

"Just do what I did Naell. Focus your mana on the ball, then your element will show itself."

Naell was about to place his hand on the ball, but he felt fear as he knew the glass ball was quite costly.

"How much should I put in anyway?"

Sebastian heartily let out a laugh.

"You don't need to worry about that. When determining one's element, you should pour as much as you can control so that even the weakest affinity you have, will be seen."

"Hohoho--- And this thing is a good mana conductor that can even absorb high-rank mages' mana with ease."

Naell with a sigh of relief, placed both of his palms on the crystallized ball. As he exerted a lot of mana, the clear ball was then filled with two bright distinct colors. Yet before he could even look at his Sensei, a creak followed by the leaking smell of acrid burnt plastic and strands of white mana, seeped through the cracks of the crystallized ball.

.

.

.

"Sensei, I..." Naell was the first to respond. He got paler and scared as he knew the ball was quite expensive.

He wanted to apologize and quickly perform dogeza but his body then felt heavy as his mind felt lighter. He staggered as he all of a sudden felt dizzy.

"..."

Sebastian was at a loss for words. Breaking the crystal ball like that meant Naell's mana was above the high-ranking mages and on par with the named mages. He took into account that the young master possessed white mana. Still, he was confident that the ball wouldn't break, since newly awakened mages should have a hard time handling mana to their fullest.

'Not to mention, Naell cannot use elemental magic.'

Of course, high-rank mages like Sebastian could destroy the ball if they chose to via their elemental magic or directly penetrating one side.

'Naell did nothing like that. He did it normally.' Sebastian saw how Naell put mana to test his elemental magic. He then remembered how the young mage easily pulled off the mana shield and levitation which both made him gasp.

'That was incredible but... This should've been different.' As Sebastian was deep in thought, he heard the staggering voice of Naell. He saw him looking frail and exhausted, barely maintaining his position.

Sebastian then hastily approached Naell from the side, guiding his back to lie down. He sensed no abnormality with the young mage's mana being replenished normally.

"Naell, are you ok?"

"Sensei, I'm sorry..."

"You need not be, I'm to blame. I've failed to notice your control and mana is above than expected."

"But still, it's quite expensi---"

Sebastian then with a smile, reassuringly said,

"Do not worry about it. Having a student like you is way more valuable than one ball, Hohoho."

They decided to take a break before going back to training. After some time, Naell recovered and seated facing his Sensei. The damaged ball was already poofed out by Sebastian.

"Naell, just as I thought, your elemental magic is just like your mom's. It is water and wind and you both have a high affinity towards it."

Before it cracked, they managed to see a strong gust of wind and flowing deep blue water, clashing against each other.